Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2003, 11:12 PM

Default Now I am a scammer?

Sir,

I would advise you to be very careful with your wording. You are approaching slander here. And while we are on the topic of legalities. I am not the one running some outlaw site off the coast of BFE in some desert dump somewhere. I am not the one who has to be scared to enter into U.S territory in fear of being arrested. God knows how many warrants are out for site operators and owners. Since you have so much experience in criminal law yourself perhaps this is why you are so quick to call anyone a criminal. I stated the facts I never meant to con or steal or swindle a penny from your site. Everything I said was true. You sir are a bit too paranoid and I guess with good reason. You know the drug ZOLOFT is very good for paranoia and depression. You should try it. This is a closed case in my book. Their is no point in arguing it further as you will never understand or beleive a word that I say.

Cheers!
Old 07-14-2003, 11:21 PM

Default Re: Now I am a scammer?

"Their is no point in arguing it further as you will never understand or beleive a word that I say."

I hate to break this to you Informer, he's not the only one.

ps: In case you need a refresher course in basic law slander is spoken, libel is written, and in your case it was neither.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:25 PM

Thanx for the insight. By the way they are talking about you on 2+2. Some guy had some really nice things to say about you.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:36 PM

Also, in both cases of slander and libel, you have to be financially affected from your reputation being attacked. Unless you are a politician or a CEO on the side, you have no case on that regard as well.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:37 PM

Default Buy a dictionary and look up \"hypothetical\" , informer

Interesting thread ... for a while, anyway.

Ted "Where's Tom D on this one" Geisel
Old 07-14-2003, 11:40 PM

Yes I saw your post informer/ro-me-ro/rastaman. Thanks for the kind words, I see your post there (on RGP) got a great deal of support.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:42 PM

By the way they are talking about you on 2+2.

try to remember where you are trolling honey. you mean at rgp

Some guy had some really nice things to say about you.

hmm, wonder who that could have been?? same trailerpark verbage.

Old 07-15-2003, 12:37 AM

Default Am I missing something here?

Informer, I'm fuzzy on a couple points, so maybe you can set me straight. . .

1. How in the world do you expect to play poker, anytine, anywhere, on credit?
2. Is it the fault of TruePoker your "draft" didn't arrive?

If they had received your draft and refused to credit your account, after allowing a reasonable time for the draft to clear, then you might have a gripe. TruePoker in their posted response, did absolutely nothing to defame you,and I'll resist the urge to explain the legal requirements required for your indignation to be justified. I'll mention only that your identity has not been revealed. That fact, and many, many others, make your indignation and implication of being wronged unjustified.

I suspect had your draft arrived, even late, TruePoker would have promptly credited your account, and life would have continued as normal. Every business, has a right, NAY, an obligation, to protect itself from unreasonable losses. I suspect you became quickly identified as a potential problem, and they took decisive action to address it. Sounds fair & reasonable to me. You obviuosly have much to learn about the "real world".
Old 07-15-2003, 04:44 AM

Default Re: Am I missing something here?

a site won't let you play there because they have none of your money....hmmmm, go figure.

Old 07-15-2003, 04:50 AM

Default Re: Assuming arguendo .....

Okay ... I have looked at your replies, now I am going to post what I wanted to say from the start, but wanted to see peoples responses first (including your own). This post was not supposed to bring you bad press more highlight a point where I think you could have dealt with the situation better.

I work in a bank and have to deal with 'missing' post on a regular basis. If I went arround acting in the same way as Truepoker did I think I would be out of a job very quickly.

There are 2 possibilities in this situation.

1) They didn't send a cheque, and they tried to 'angle - shoot'

2) They did send a cheque, it has been lost in the post through no fault of their own.

The way that you dealt with the situation is very poor, in case 1 you are screwed and you are not gonig to get your money whatever you do.

In case 2 they are genuine and really did want to deposit. You have now made a genuine customer unhappy and you are now screwed.

What I am saying is you made sure no matter what, that you were not getting you money back.

You should have simply said to your players, the cheque still hasn't arrived - must be a problem with the post - can you send us another one. And inform them that you are unable to issue any more credit in the meantime...

thanks for listening

Ellis