Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2005, 12:16 AM

Default routine?

I'm a noob still trying to learn some of the basics. Is this a pretty standard way to play this hand?

7 Card Stud High ($1/$2), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.50 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (3.80 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (4.90 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (7.90 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

River - (9.90 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

Total pot: (11.90 BB)

Thanks

Tigre
Old 07-23-2005, 12:52 AM

Default Re: routine?

I dont know what the 1/2 plays like but generally I get really suspicious when somebody checkcalls with a paired door card on 4th and keeps calling.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:20 AM

he had no pair besides 5's and an inside draw, he hit a 5 on the river which was surprising because he did not raise.
Old 07-23-2005, 10:58 AM

At 1-2 when another 5 was dead...I play it the same. I get very suspicious at 5-10 and above
Old 07-23-2005, 05:51 PM

the only thing i do differently is check-call on the river- there is no reason to value bet here- he'll only call if you're beat, but if all he has is two fives, he may try to bluff at the river.
Old 07-24-2005, 03:30 AM

Nonsense. The other guy is going to pay off with two pair every time. There is plenty of value in betting the river. The whole thing seems pretty routine to me. Granted I'm two days and maybe 15 beers into a big music festival.
Old 07-24-2005, 05:20 AM

i don't know; the hero is betting into a guy with a paired doorcard the whole way, with a K as his own doorcard... unless he has AA55x how could he call with two pair?

i wouldn't call with two pair. music festival, eh?
Old 07-24-2005, 05:25 AM

Hero will have to have kings up 90% of the time for the fold to be correct. Without strong reads, they'd have to call.
Old 07-24-2005, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't know; the hero is betting into a guy with a paired doorcard the whole way, with a K as his own doorcard... unless he has AA55x how could he call with two pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are giving way too much credit to 1-2 players. I would value bet this almost every time unless I had a very specific read on him.