Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2005, 07:10 PM

Default Re: AJs with flush draw and tricky opponent

I don't like putting in an extra raise on the flop because I only have a weak Ace-high. If I hit the flush on the turn (for the cheap price of $14), I'm happy. If I get re-raised on the flop, then I have to fold for sure unless I pot-commit myself with a raise (which is likely if I raise a decent amount).

Anyway, the bet was so suspicious that I had to sit there for a long time (almost timed out) before I decided to call. He flips over 9T offsuit and the river comes with another jack so my hand is good. I just wanted to run this through the forum because I was really worried that I made a bad call on the turn. My thoughts were that he put me on AK clubs or something like that and he didn't want me drawing to the flush or the Ace or King. Had he raised larger on the flop, he would have taken the hand down. I don't think he figured me for a jack. Anyway the decision was close, but I was worried that I may have talked myself into calling instead of making an actual well-thought call. I'm still not sure I like my call, but with the analysis some of you guys have given, I'm a little more comfortable with it.

Sometimes it's easy to talk yourself into putting your opponent on a hand you can beat or hope that he has. This was a case that I almost regretted it immediately after I hit the call button.