Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2005, 05:21 PM

Default 66 in BB

Middle of a B&M tournament. 177 players, down to 7 tables (10 per table). I'm BB. Villain is UTG+1 and is a very loose raiser. We are both shortstacked. Blinds 500/1000, ante 100. Full table. I have 5800 chips before posting, he has 5100. Previous orbit I doubled through him with AQ vs AJ where he called my allin from the SB. Villain has shown down hands as bad as 87o when raising preflop. An allin at this point could be almost any two cards.

So, he goes allin from UTG+1. Fold to me and I have two red 6s. I think this is an easy call here. The table was split about whether I should have called or not. My argument is that I would have been in almost decent shape if I win, and I'm still struggling to keep my head above water otherwise. I'm not getting a better opportunity to double up, since I'm 98% sure he does not have a pocket pair.

The result is obvious... 66 holds up against KQo and I go on to take an even split of 1st and 2nd money when getting heads up with two even stacks.

My question is simple... does anyone NOT call here? If so, why not?
Old 07-22-2005, 05:46 PM

Default Re: 66 in BB

easy call. glad it worked out for you.

i'm more intrigued by UTG+1's decision to push KQo. Yes, the blinds are coming -- but he's got bad position, middling cards and too small a stack to be sure of frightening off other legitimate hands. On the continuum between brave and frantic, his push feels more frantic than smart.

If we give him busfare, will he come play in our town?