Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 03:09 PM

Default Re: \"Stars 3R to 215\"

[ QUOTE ]

You have 10bb, raising 2.5bb won't hurt. Of course if BB pushes you can fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm the BB I'm coming over the top with any two if I have you covered by a significant margin and I don't think you're a total douche.

Easy easy easy fold.

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, do you always have to try to disagree with me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only when you're wrong [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Note I posted that it's a fold before you posted.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hm ok. I definalety think that you are on a good spot where you should be rasing every other hand to force the short stacks to make the move. I am not a fan of letting someone else control the table and try to limp into it. Of course, that is how I play.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm the chipleader then I would do that. Not in 13th, let the big stacks do the bullying.

Edit: actually what I really do is before I was even dealt this hand I click "post and fold" and go make myself a sandwich [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-22-2005, 03:11 PM

the problem is I think that strategy is wrong on the bubble of a sat. there is no reason to accumulate more chips than you need to squeek in. As much as I abhor it (and I do hate sats) the name of the game in these things is limping in. There's just nothing to be gained the other way.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:11 PM

Well then, you obviously have a different style then I do. Game over.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:20 PM

It's got nothing to do with style..

If you post and fold, you WIN 99.9% of the time.

If you don't post and fold, you risk that almost sure thing. If you are the big stack, then you can be the sheriff. Otherwise, get your ego out of it, and take the win.

I've seen some really stupid plays, like when on the bubble of a $650 entry, the #1 and #3 (top 15 get paid) mix it up and the #3 gets eliminated. Just dumb IMO.

gc
Old 07-22-2005, 03:22 PM

It has everything to do with style. Even if you raise and fold, you win 99.9% of the time. Calm down. This is how I do it, and it has been very successful for me. That's it. Let it go. Go your way, I go mine.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:30 PM

OK. Let's go with the 2.5 raise. BB calls. You have 95k behind. Flop is AKJ with 2 diamonds. What do you do? How do you play this hand after the BB large stack has checked to you.

Blinds hitting you at 10/20k; so after the blinds you have 65k if you lose this hand. You may be all in when (if) they come back around at 20k/40k.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It has everything to do with style. Even if you raise and fold, you win 99.9% of the time. Calm down. This is how I do it, and it has been very successful for me. That's it. Let it go. Go your way, I go mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Worst bubble ever

Edit: Wrong post in that thread
Old 07-22-2005, 06:06 PM

This thread is making me wonder about the quality of the frequennt posters on this forum.

Hero has 125k, at this point he can just sit out and continue with the other tables. The shortstacks will be put to the test numerous times. It is pointless for the Hero to put a chip into the pot. Sure he can raise 2.5, and he'll take it down majority of the time. However the times that you don't take it down robs you of 1.5 rounds in blinds. What if someone calls, what do you do on the flop...check/fold?...what if you hit your set?

This is not a question of style, it is a question of positive EV and negative EV
Old 07-22-2005, 06:14 PM

Ok. I do not play many satellites, but when I do, I don't click auto post/fold. I'm sorry, I don't. If that makes you think I am the worst player on this forum, I could care less. The hero is in a spot where he is in no matte rwhat, raising, folding, it doesn't matter. He has 10bb where there are multiple short stacks under 2bb. Unless he is the unluckiets person ever, he is in. Stop debating this. It's over. Don't flame me. Don't question me.

And please, I do not want unknown players to question my style. That's just terrible.
Closed Thread