Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2005, 12:53 PM

Default Can anyone here get away from this?

I find myslef Kicking myself over situations like this. Does anyone get away from this and whats the reasoning. This is perhaps my biggest flaw. I havent been making folds enough.
2-5NL Live
Hero Dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]k [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villian (560) Button raises to 20
Hero(780) Button re-raises to 50
Villian Calls (total pot 107)

Flop K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villian leads for 35$
Hero reraises to 100$
Villian without hesitation moves all in.
Hero shakes his head and of course donk calls the obvious 8 8. How bad is this call? Is this forgivable?
Old 07-22-2005, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Can anyone here get away from this?

Reads? and more importantly... stack sizes?
Old 07-22-2005, 12:59 PM

The number in ( ) is the stack sizes. My read unclear. Im suprised at his all in. I wonder if he is putting a move on. Or if its the obvious 88. Another range is AK or AQ im not completly sure but I leaning more toward 88 but im too much of a coward to fold.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:02 PM

the call is horrendous. your hand was clearly defined, the flop hit you and your opponent could care less. in this situation even AA is an easy laydown. never let them know though.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the call is horrendous. your hand was clearly defined, the flop hit you and your opponent could care less. in this situation even AA is an easy laydown. never let them know though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed i went against my gut it was stupid. But even if they wont admit i know there are others who make the call. PUKE
Old 07-22-2005, 01:08 PM

Kind of out of it today, missed the stack sizes. I make this laydown on a weekly basis... the problem is I make the call on a weekly basis too. I tend to find myself going against my gut with AK too often. I definately agree that your hand is defined and hes not even paying attention. He just wants to get all the money in the middle. But don't worry about it too much, curiousity gets the best of all of us once in a while.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:11 PM

I think that if i added all the money ive lost on calls like this it be more than 2K. Thats disgustion. Im posting this i think just so i can burn it in my head that it is ok from time to time to fold the best hand. Even if he had AQ more times than not im beat....
Old 07-22-2005, 01:11 PM

if there's any board to get away from TPTK, it's a rainbow flop with no straight draws. your hand belongs in the muck.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:12 PM

agreed it did an my chips belong to me but i didnt put my cards and the muck i decided to instead put my chips there. Note to self its ok to fold.....
Old 07-22-2005, 01:14 PM

Raise more preflop, like 80-100. The whole point of raising AK pf is to get smaller and middle pairs to lay down b/c the only way you're getting their money in post flop is if they hit their set. If an A or K hit the flop they're gone. This is why you need to get the pot large PF with such hands or get them to fold. That being said, you need to fold this hand. We know this, but as a previous poster said, sometimes curiousity is too strong.