Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2005, 04:48 AM

Default Re: Commerce 100-200 AQo

What if they have somekind of pair+gutshot hand and decide to call the turn bet and check/fold the river unimproved. Their logic is similar to yours - they feel a bet on the river after this will only be for value for the very reasons you list. From the description, it sounds like this guy could be someone to try this against. Also, making this kind of bet and getting called is probably very good for your image as it might make people think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the whole call the turn, calling you down thing. I could see people becoming very passive against someone who made this play thinking they're a total nut. In general you're right of course, but I'm sure Klepton was well aware of the ideas you list at the time.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:36 AM

Default results

he tapped his cards and folded...

that way he did it I assume it was a 9 or 7, but sure it could have been nothing also.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:37 AM

BB might have had JT here also. I'm not sure the river bet is worth it, I dont' think this guy folded a pair.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:20 AM

For those posters who don't like Klepton's river bet, I'm curious to know how much that is influenced by the turn card pairing on the river. Are you more likely to bet if the river is a blank?

Thanks.

-McGee
Old 07-22-2005, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For those posters who don't like Klepton's river bet, I'm curious to know how much that is influenced by the turn card pairing on the river. Are you more likely to bet if the river is a blank?

Thanks.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

River bet is definitely better if river is a blank.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:50 PM

Default Re: results

"that way he did it I assume it was a 9 or 7, but sure it could have been nothing also."

dude it was nothing. there's no way someone in that game is calling the turn and then mucking the river with a pair. i wouldve checked when that last K came. he probably had and open ended straight draw. they tap the table and smile when they think you are naive enough to show your hand without a showdown.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:58 PM

Well known to normally check here. Picked the type that betting just might be okay, but that is a BAD BAD river. Thinking going on across table, no doubt aware that ace high would raise the turn and take a free showdown...therefore calling the raise and see river action. Concludes bet means the goods. Bad river though and that is enough to stop betting.

Just might see an unorthodox one pair laydown, but not when king pairs, Bayes type thoughts arise.