Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2005, 05:43 PM

Default Re: Folded my Aces on the turn.

But we are talking about two passive players betting and raising the turn. Not one.

23o won this one btw.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:47 PM

Results don't matter. Furthermore, if you had raised the blind would have let you know that he had trips. At the point when you folded, you didn't really know. More than just 32 plays that way.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:55 PM

23o is a premium hand for a loose passive...it is a group one speculative hand. It works well in large multiway pots against TAG premium hands...you lose a lot of small pots with this holding, but when you win, you win big. The more bets you call cold pre-flop disguises the hand. Also, you can send a great player on tilt.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Results don't matter. Furthermore, if you had raised the blind would have let you know that he had trips. At the point when you folded, you didn't really know. More than just 32 plays that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not saying they do. But cmon. A diamond or a heart completes a flush draw. The board is paired and 2 of my opponents went crazy when it did. What are the chances I'm still ahead with a field of 5?
Old 07-21-2005, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a little suprised by the comments in this thread, becasue I hate the turn fold. I would have raised. I'm not afraid of trips yet; flush draws and counterfeited 2 pairs are much more likely.

[/ QUOTE ]
Three betting this turn sucks so much that it's not even funny. The main thing that makes it terrible is that if you are behind, you stand almost no chance of winning. If you are ahead, you shut everyone out of the pot that is behind you. We lose the maximum and win the minimum.

Edit (saw this after reading the rest of the thread):

[ QUOTE ]
More than just 32 plays that way.

[/ QUOTE ]
Look at the way MP1 played this hand. He almost HAS to have a 3. If you can name one other hand that he would play this way (being a loose and passive fish), I'll give you a candy bar. These hands must be hands we are actually ahead of.

To the OP - excellent turn fold.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Look at the way MP1 played this hand. He almost HAS to have a 3. If you can name one other hand that he would play this way (being a loose and passive fish), I'll give you a candy bar. These hands must be hands we are actually ahead of.

To the OP - excellent turn fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Result-oriented people assuming to fold that turn. BB is the only 1 out of the 2 i would begin to consider having that 3.