Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2005, 03:45 AM

Default Re: 5/10 confusion with 75s

first off, is this a live game or online?......secondly, exactly which part of the hand are you confused about?....

to me, the river is the most interesting part and - because of the way the hand was played/stack size/commitment issues - the decision point......what does his river bet mean?.....it's obviously one of three things: 1) he is an idiot and is value-betting AQ or AK, 2) he is bluffing, 3) he has you killed.....so which do you narrow it down to for this player?/how high do you rate the likelyhood of each?.....after you figure that out - act accordingly......against a lot of players in a live setting with a good read, I'd have no problem folding this river (okay maybe not NO problem - but you know what I mean) because I KNOW that they're not making that huge bet as a value bet with AQ or AK when there are two 5's on the board and I've already stood a raise and a reraise AND they're just not the type of player to make a big bluff.....against certain players that I think have a fairly high percentage of "idiot quotient", I'd put the rest in on the river because there's just a decent amount of times I'll see AQ.....and I guess against certain players - the type that aren't idiots but are very capable of 3-barrel bluffs - I might just call the river because a raise doesn't show a profit.....
Old 07-21-2005, 07:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Does he have that good of a read on you that you have a lower ace?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is not possible.

SpaceAce
Old 07-21-2005, 08:04 AM

i raise the turn.

[ QUOTE ]
5/10, great game, action. This player and I have a history of trying to outplay each other, show each other bluffs, aggressive raises etc... he is loose/aggressive but sometimes does funky stuff. I have a less than abc image. He has 2k and I cover.

2 limpers, I limp with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], maniac makes it 35 to go, 4 callers and I call.

Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Checked to maniac he bets 15, I make it 70, he makes it 235, I call.

Turn 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check/call 300

River Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check/call 735.

Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-21-2005, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
your check-call/check on the turn and river was beautiful, you played it exactly like a flush draw. you trapped him but good, now get the rest of his stack.

[/ QUOTE ]
Villain obviously does not believe that Hero has a busted flush draw or villain does not have a big ace. If he had a big ace and put Hero on a busted draw, he obviously checks behind on the river. If you want to play it like a busted draw, you should just open push the river because there is no way he is going to bet the river if he actually puts you on a busted draw.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:11 AM

Hard to imagine he repots (maybe another new word for the dictionary)the flop with a boat. Your kicker problem are gone on the river. Id say unless he has exactly 4-5 you have him beat or at the minimum tied.
I think a reraise is in order.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:43 PM

I put him on busted K high club draw with that line, maybe KQc? I think a big A bets more on the flop that $15 into a $175 pot (5*35) to protect against draws.

Only other possibility is AA, you gotta go with your read on that one.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what does his river bet mean?.....it's obviously one of three things: 1) he is an idiot and is value-betting AQ or AK, 2) he is bluffing, 3) he has you killed.....so which do you narrow it down to for this player?/how high do you rate the likelyhood of each?.....after you figure that out - act accordingly......

[/ QUOTE ]

also, I think the above can be applied to his flop reraise as well.....it's a decent reraise followed by a fairly weak-ish (or at least not overwhelming) turn bet - what does all that usually mean for this player?.....
Old 07-21-2005, 03:27 PM

Default Results

After I called the river I realized I should have raised all in. I was fairly certain he didn't have AA/A5 because he 3-bet me on the flop. At the time, I was multitabling and not thinking so I just called. I won. He said he was trying to bet like he had AA. I laughed.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep

esp. with history between hero and villain he may call with top pair.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Results

What did he have?