Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2005, 04:12 AM

Default Playing blind?

Scott Fischman recommends taping over hole cards online to practice position and making moves. I have read where Daniel Nagreaneau has played blind (without others knowing) in live games. Some of the obvious blind plays are a preflop raise followed by a continuation bet. There is also calling raises in position to make a play if the raiser shows weakness. I also tried limping in most any position to see about representing a hand if an interesting flop comes. The big blind steal is also a good play.

When you don't see your hole cards you also pay close attention to how aggressive the other players are and their relative chip stacks. Any other ideas or comments?
Old 07-21-2005, 06:28 AM

Default Re: Playing blind?

Roll dice and push every time I get the two corresponding cards. For example you roll two dice and they come up a 6 and a 2. I push every 62 I'm dealt for the rest of the tournament. Works for me.

Another good one is calling your mom and asking her to give you two numbers between 2 and 10 and push every time when you're dealt those two cards (I don't worry about face cards because I gotta push those anyway). For example one time I called my mom at 3am and ask her for two number between two and ten. She was pretty confused but she mumbled "two and three." I thought for a second, then I said "BULLSHIT THOSE NUMBERS SUCK WHAT THE FCK IS YOUR PROBLEM BIATCH" and hung up the phone. I proceeded to win the tournament after trippling up when I open pushed 23o. GG.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:48 AM

Your thought process on every hand you play should have many questions that you ask and answer to yourself. (HOH1) has a excellent list I dont have time to listit right now.

In soom hands your hole cards will be unimportant, whille in others they are the only thing that matters.

This may help you to not get hung up on your hole cards in situations where they not relavent to your first action, but this should be easly done while veiwing your cards.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Roll dice and push every time I get the two corresponding cards. For example you roll two dice and they come up a 6 and a 2. I push every 62 I'm dealt for the rest of the tournament. Works for me.

Another good one is calling your mom and asking her to give you two numbers between 2 and 10 and push every time when you're dealt those two cards (I don't worry about face cards because I gotta push those anyway). For example one time I called my mom at 3am and ask her for two number between two and ten. She was pretty confused but she mumbled "two and three." I thought for a second, then I said "BULLSHIT THOSE NUMBERS SUCK WHAT THE FCK IS YOUR PROBLEM BIATCH" and hung up the phone. I proceeded to win the tournament after trippling up when I open pushed 23o. GG.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOl!!! What if the biatch doesn't even answer the phone? Just play AA. KK and AK?