Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2003, 04:32 PM

Default Two dicey ones -- # 1

Party Poker $3-$6.

I raise in the cutoff after two limpers with A [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] . One cold-caller, small blind (very passive player, but I've only observed one or two of his showdowns) calls, big blind folds.

Flop K [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] . Checked to me and I bet. Button folds, others call.

Turn A [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] . Checked to me, I grit my teeth and bet. All call.

River 7 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] . Small blind bets out. Two calls and I make a razor-thin call with nut one-pair hand.

Comments? Results to follow.
Old 07-10-2003, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Two dicey ones -- # 1

Preflop raise is fine.

On the flop, you're "semi-bluffing" an inside straight draw but it's not really a semi-bluff since it's obvious that the others will call you, is it?

On the turn the bet is good, but you can't love it when everyone calls with the straight and flush possibilities of the board.

On the river you might call because of the pot odds, but don't expect to win this pot alot.
Old 07-10-2003, 04:43 PM

Default First dicey results

Small blind showed K [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] . Anyone else play the flop like him?

Limpmaster 1 had J [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] .
Limpmaster 2 had K [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] .

I love these games!
Old 07-10-2003, 06:42 PM

This is a pretty bad flop for your hand. You very well may be behind here, even though you were probably best before the flop. Even if an A or Q comes on the turn, if it's a spade it brings another set of issues. I might check and see if I can see the turn for free.
Old 07-11-2003, 07:21 AM

It's tough to get a free card in these games though. If I were last to act I'd agree with you entirely, but so many button players auto-bet if checked to that it's hard to be optimistic about the free card prospect. Especially against someone who called two bets cold preflop with Broadway cards out there.

A solid point though. Check-plus!
Old 07-11-2003, 08:33 AM

Two calls and I make a razor-thin call with nut one-pair hand.

Considering that the 7 most likely didn't help anyone's hand and that you're closing the action, I don't think this is razor thin. They most likely have the same thing they had after the turn, and you didn't get raised. The call is pretty much mandatory unless you have a rock solid read on Small Blind. I play in the 3 6 games there sometimes and I know the chance of you having a rock solid read on anyone is slim. He could have a flush, he could be betting out with his Q 10, he could have made 2 pair. But he also could have been betting out his turned weak Ace. I've seen this several times before.