Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2005, 09:52 AM

Default Re: Any comment welcomed.

I think what happened was, I was getting folded to on a lot of my raises and I got lazy. Whether it was all in or one bet, I was not getting a lot of action. So I just 2-bet expecting to lead out on the flop. When it missed so very badly I was in trouble. The turn raise was called because he was a big stack and he could take the hit even if he lost, if we were even stacks I don't think he calls.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:44 PM

I think you made the worse preflop play out of the choices you had. No offense, just that i think it was. There are 70 left and just need to get in top 40. Your good choices(imo) are fold, call, or make a big enough raise to try to win without a flop. Just doubling it behind a caller is just asking to get yourself in trouble. The idea in this thing is to survive until the top 40. By you making the pot bigger but not big enough to push people out is just beggin for trouble. Sure you could win a big pot too. But you stand to lose alot more than gain by keeping people in. Because if you go broke that is alot worse than getting some extra chips by keeping people in. Folding is the best option imo, followed by calling. If you were much lower in chips i would move in and try to pick this pot up. But you have enough chips that you don't need to take that chance right now.

As far as the flop being that you played it this way. How can you not now take a shot betting the flop? There is now alot of money out there. The board is paired and low. Not a very scary board. You should bet about half the pot to try and pick this up. If you get action its shut down time unless you improve. By checking your just begging to get played off the hand by the guy behind you, or if checks the early player on the turn might take a shot.

Now that you checked you put yourself in another difficult spot. Here i can't fault you tremendously. Although it is a qulifier and only need top 40 which makes it a bit different than a regualr multi. In a regular multi i would move in for sure. In a qualifier i might(probably) too, but an argument could be made to muck now as you need to survive.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:47 PM

The important thing is how many chips everyone else had. You have a little 20 BB, if that's enough to fold in you should've just done it.

The BB is also all in, which means you shouldn't be raising after the (99% guaranteed to be an idiot) big stack limps in with anything you can't back up with your stack postflop. There aren't as many dead chips here to steal as there should be.

Basically, I'd just fold PF.