Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2005, 04:00 AM

Default Not capping AA preflop 30 60

Ok flame away, I thought try something new and not cap AA preflop.
Little background: I have open raised my button every time and SB has three betted about 75% of time and I have just called.
Now I got lucky and picked AA, so I thought to play little games and try to get more value in later streets.

I have a feeling that opponent is tilting a little, and play his hands too agressive, but is still capable of folding.

PokerStars 30/60 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

River: (14.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB
Old 07-21-2005, 04:05 AM

Default Re: Not capping AA preflop 30 60

Looks fine. I dont get your question though.

-Mike
Old 07-21-2005, 04:06 AM

Ah question was: Is it ever correct not to cap AA preflop, since I have seen in couple of occasions lot of flame in this forum for people who dont cap AA preflop every time.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:08 AM

Yes, this is a good spot not to cap.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, this is a good spot not to cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Headsup, with position in a battle of the blinds is about as good as it gets. Basically you only wanna do this in headsup situations, because if there are 3 or more people you are losing too much equity by not capping preflop, and can't make it up postflop.

-Mike
Old 07-21-2005, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ah question was: Is it ever correct not to cap AA preflop, since I have seen in couple of occasions lot of flame in this forum for people who dont cap AA preflop every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

looks fine to me. Youve got several hands with this guy in the same situation, I'd definately play this one the same as all the others PF. I think you'll get more expectation post flop if you don't alert him to the fact you have something worthy of a cap in your blind steal, when the last several times you havent capped.