Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2005, 01:42 AM

Default Re: What was Phil Ivey thinking?

No i would call it a bad play even if it worked. If at the start of the tournament you get dealt 72 and move all in and nobody calls. Your play worked! But does that make it a good play? Risk vs reward!
Old 07-21-2005, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mabye there was a big game starting, and he knew he could make more in it than the tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we have a winner. He probably just got impatient.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this. Ivey wouldn't waste time trying to make it to the final table just to blow it off once he got there.

To the poster who asked me why I even bothered continuing the discussion -

Because I was bored and enjoying my attempt at having a logical argument with the illogical. I do agree that the forum suffers for it after it goes on too long, though.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Who is this racist comment aimed at?

[/ QUOTE ]

you

[ QUOTE ]
If me what are you talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

You know exactly what I'm talking about.

[ QUOTE ]

Why because i disagreed with a black man's poker play?

[/ QUOTE ]

You know if it was the other Phil, Phil Hellmuth, you wouldn't have any problem with his play.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:14 PM

You are so far off thinking i'm racist. And would happier if Phil Hellmuth made the bad play because i dislike phil H. And would enjoy more pointing out a mistake i think he made as opposed to Phil I who i like and respect.

Ok, lets move on.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No i would call it a bad play even if it worked. If at the start of the tournament you get dealt 72 and move all in and nobody calls. Your play worked! But does that make it a good play? Risk vs reward!

[/ QUOTE ]

So, by your reasoning, every bluff would be a bad move.

When you get shortstacked in a tournament with ever increasing blinds and antes, you have to pick a point where you think you can steal a pot. You can't sit back and wait for a big hand to push.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:42 PM

No there are times to bluff. But this isn't one of them.

Yeah you have to pick a spot when you get short stacked but this isn't it. When i am short stacked(severly short stacked) i look for any ace , any pair and 2 faces to move when 1st in. I think this would have bee a much more viable option for Phil I as well.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No there are times to bluff. But this isn't one of them.

Yeah you have to pick a spot when you get short stacked but this isn't it. When i am short stacked(severly short stacked) i look for any ace , any pair and 2 faces to move when 1st in. I think this would have bee a much more viable option for Phil I as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether you are right or not about it being a bad play, nobody is going to accept an explaination as simplistic as this.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:52 PM

Of course they won't except this explanation. Becasue i wrote it! If one of your hero's wrote it then you wouldn't be criticizing or quesitoning it. You would say thanks for the info. And i'm so glad you took the time to share some information with us. When i write it the feedback is you don't know what your talking about. I bet if me and your hero wrote the exact same thing the reaction would be complete opposite. What does this say? It says you don't listen to good information or want to learn. You just want to hear tv stars talk. And bash anyone who dares question a play they make.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course they won't except this explanation. Becasue i wrote it! If one of your hero's wrote it then you wouldn't be criticizing or quesitoning it. You would say thanks for the info. And i'm so glad you took the time to share some information with us. When i write it the feedback is you don't know what your talking about. I bet if me and your hero wrote the exact same thing the reaction would be complete opposite. What does this say? It says you don't listen to good information or want to learn. You just want to hear tv stars talk. And bash anyone who dares question a play they make.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of the reason they are "heroes" is that they don't write replies like that.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:18 PM

They don't have to because everybody kisses there behind. Your statement makes no sense at all. They are not hero's because of what they write or don't write. They are your hero's because they are famous.