Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 07:24 PM

Default Re: The Turn...

[ QUOTE ]
Now on the turn should I still assume that I am ahead in this hand, since she just called my bet here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say you are likely to be in good shape. Unless a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], a T or a 6 falls on the river I would bet it. I think the villain may have something like a suited A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or a second pair hand like KT,QT,JT. You would have heard from a two pair on the turn, I think.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:25 PM

Default River...

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 folds, MP3 folds.

River: (12 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Kh Ah (one pair, aces).
BB has 6s Ac (two pair, aces and sixes).
Outcome: BB wins 16 BB. </font>

Where were all my mistakes?
Old 07-20-2005, 07:28 PM

Default Re: River...

Regarding the results, you can play a hand perfectly and still lose. In this hand, I think the turn is the key moment where BB played either passively or tricky. Passively would be scared of another flush card hitting on the river or tricky to not raise again, and give you the chance to lay down the hand.

Otherwise looks like you played it fine.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:35 PM

Default Re: My first post in Micro is an AKs hand?

She could have paired her Ace rag. Just hope her rag wasn't a six.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Regarding the results, you can play a hand perfectly and still lose. In this hand, I think the turn is the key moment where BB played either passively or tricky. Passively would be scared of another flush card hitting on the river or tricky to not raise again, and give you the chance to lay down the hand.

Otherwise looks like you played it fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank You, that means alot to me.

I am new to this but I know for me and this Micro Limit forum I will learn a hell of a lot more with hands that I lost and played correctly(or incorrectly)then if I was posting, "Look at me, my Pocket Aces flopped a set" threads.

I know I am new here, but from reading this forum I am getting a good grasp of what "Not" to post here, if that makes sense. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks Again,

SharperPoker
Old 07-20-2005, 07:45 PM

*grunch*
If she was on a flush draw I think thinning the feild would be the last thing she'd want to do. I could think of a whole lot of hands that would play this way. The worst for you is AT or T6(not as bad and not as likely), but she could be AX [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 78, 89, Arag. I don't see the draws trying to push people out. Why would you put her on a club draw specifically? I think she thinks you may have raise with a pocket pair (KK-TT) and she thinks her ace may be good. She may have the ace (that you're ahead of here) and the club draw (raising for a free card, poorly aplied here IMHO) so don't give it to them. Unless the turn is a club lead this turn.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Should I really raise(3 bet) a 2-suited flop with Top Pair and Top Kicker. Can you please explain for me the reason for that move?

[/ QUOTE ]
TPTK is powerful on the flop. You want to protect your hand against these draws. You're raising to get folds unfortunately you don't have a great position to do this. But the last thing you wanna do is give free cards.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:00 PM

Grunching:

I think you are way off. If she was on a flushdraw she probably wouldn't try tho thin the field. She would then like to build a huge pot and not to knock people out.

There is quite a big range of hands she could have. Hands that she wants to protect by raising.
AJ, AK, AQ, TT, A6, AT, 66 and so on...

-aron
Old 07-20-2005, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am new to this but I know for me and this Micro Limit forum I will learn a hell of a lot more with hands that I lost and played correctly(or incorrectly)then if I was posting, "Look at me, my Pocket Aces flopped a set" threads.

[/ QUOTE ]
You will also learn a lot (and IMHO more) by posting (grunching) on other peoples hands before you look at anyone elses responses to the hand. Look at other peoples hands and comment on how you'd play it then look at how others (esspescially the Poohbaahs, and Carpal/Tunnels) would have played it and think about why your's is different/the same. Don't worry about giving bad advice either (I give tons of it) the more experienced poster will let you know it's bad advice and usually tell you why.