Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 06:38 PM

Default Re: Banned From True Poker

Well, if you havent already seen it, here it is
TruePoker CEO
old hand

Reged: 09/05/02
Re: Banned From Truepoker [Re: Banned]
#2912238 - 07/19/05 05:12 PM Edit Reply Quote

(Why is it shocking to find out I am the CEO ?)

Seriously, the Host screwed up our policy, period.

Truepoker's general policy does not allow players to enter ring game tables or S&G single tables if they are on the same IP or have ever played on the same IP. As for Multi-table tourneys, we do allow players to enter as seating is randomized.

What the Host should have done, as you did reach the final table, was to simply review play for collusion, report the complaint and send it for further review the next day. We would act if two players appeared to be actually colluding, and make whole the injured party.

For the record, what Banned reported he was told in the past is likely accurate. Both he and his wife are excellent customers of long standing. The ban was for a 24 hour period for review by me, and has expired, but it never should have been imposed on the spot absent actual collusion.

I will personally apologize for this mistake as I would not have taken the action.

Banned, I will be returning to the office this week. Please email me at management@truepoker.com. We will make you more than whole for this mistake.

David

This was posted here: David's Post From Internet Gambling Forum
Old 07-20-2005, 03:39 AM

The original poster has admitted to sharing hole-card information with his wife while they were both in the hand at the same table. That is cheating, even if it doesn't meet your dictionary's definition of collusion.

And now TruePoker's CEO is saying it was a mistake to penalize them, and that they will be compensated? I hope he will reconsider, because otherwise he will be condoning cheating.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:47 PM

Sorry, you're cheating if you are playing at the same table and can see each other's cards. Period.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I would write a detailed letter to True Poker and explain the situation, and tell them you will take your business elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah because every other site is happy to have two people on the same IP address at the same table. That'll show them.

If they can see eachothers cards then it's collusion. It's wrong. The original poster knows it's wrong. All this "ah but three years ago ..." is total bullshit to justify himself like a 6-year old.

He's wasted True Poker's time on it, and now he's wasting ours with it. If they want to play poker side-by-side then just use different sites.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:20 PM

You must have missed this part?

[ QUOTE ]
For the record, what Banned reported he was told in the past is likely accurate. Both he and his wife are excellent customers of long standing. The ban was for a 24 hour period for review by me, and has expired, but it never should have been imposed on the spot absent actual collusion.

I will personally apologize for this mistake as I would not have taken the action.

Banned, I will be returning to the office this week. Please email me at management@truepoker.com. We will make you more than whole for this mistake.

David

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-20-2005, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You must have missed this part?

[ QUOTE ]

David

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
And if he sees in this post that you played side by side and looked at each other's monitors then he would most likely retract that offer.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:40 PM

No, I didn't miss it. Your original post said you wanted honest opinions - I gave you one.

You seem somewhat confused about what collusion means in poker. Can't you comprehend the idea that seeing eachother's hole cards gives you an unfair advantage over the rest of the players?
Old 07-20-2005, 08:48 PM

So you missed this then?

[ QUOTE ]
Please dont be mistaken, we do undderstand how we could have an advantage in a MTT tourney if we end up at the same table. I will never argue that.

But since we were told it was ok and so were others, we cannot be blamed for being moved to the same table. Can we?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-20-2005, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you missed this then?

[ QUOTE ]
Please dont be mistaken, we do undderstand how we could have an advantage in a MTT tourney if we end up at the same table. I will never argue that.

But since we were told it was ok and so were others, we cannot be blamed for being moved to the same table. Can we?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You asked if it were okay if you guys wound up at the same table in an MTT. Nobody has a problem with that. What you didn't ask, and what people have a problem with, is if it was okay to sit side-by-side, look at each other's hands, and discuss hands.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you tell them "when we are at the same tables we will be looking at each other's hole cards?"

To me, being able to see each others cards is definitely crossing the line. I appreciate that you are honest about it, but being as you are, I don't see how you really have a leg to stand on here. If you were ever told it was OK for you to be looking at each other's cards, well, I'd get that in writing, but I'd be pretty surprised...