Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 11:58 AM

Default Discounting outs

Only played an orbit and haven't seen anything out of the ordinary from either villain.

I guess there is some chance, that I might actually still be ahead (though the c/r, doesn't really fit a sanely played drawing hand), but also some chance, that I am drawing dead.

Comments appreciated.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero folds.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Discounting outs

What comments are you looking for? In general, when I play AK and miss, I'm not going to let it cost me a big loss by playing it to the river hoping to hit. Even if you pair by the river, chances are decent someone has made a better hand by then. Now that doesn't mean if I'm first to bet, or someone makes a probing bet, that I won't take a shot at the pot with a pot sized bet on the flop. But if I get a lot of action back at me, I slow down or get out.

In this case, you had two guys in the pot with you. Seems like chances are more than decent that at least one if not both had you beat. I probably would have folded on the flop but you certainly did the right thing by folding on the turn IMHO.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:30 PM

I would check this flop against 3 opponents. If I had a backdoor flush draw then I would be more inclined to bet.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:33 PM

Without any real reads, I think you played the hand very well. Folding to the flop c/r would not only be week sauce, but incorrect at 13 to 1. Turn fold looks good.