Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 06:49 PM

Default Is it me or is it them? It\'s them, right?

Okay, Party 1/2. I'm UTG w/ Jh Jc

UTG raise, 1 MP caller, BB calls.

Flop: 3s Ks 3d

BB check, UTG bet, MP call BB call

Turn: Js (Boo-ya!)

BB check, UTG bet, MP RAISE, BB call 2, UTG 3 bet, MP Cap, BB call 2, UTG Call

River: Ac

BB **BETS**, UTG raise, MP call 2, BB 3 bet, UTG caps, MP call 2, BB call.

MP flips over, of course, As 7s for nut flush

BB flips over....get this.... Ad Ah.

Did I miss anything on this hand, or do I just have to chalk this one up to some doof on Party?
Old 07-19-2005, 07:09 PM

Default Re: Is it me or is it them? It\'s them, right?

By the time BB is 3-betting the river, I'd be a little concerned, mainly because his line is so weird and there's not a whole lot he could have and feel good about all of a sudden (QT? A3?).

But I'd expect to win. And, anyway, I think you played it fine.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:20 PM

You did fine
Old 07-19-2005, 07:39 PM

It's them, you've just got to pay off. You'll probably never move a player off aces in your entire career, so don't even fret.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:42 PM

The flush was somewhat expected on that board. Not much else to draw to. The Aces were unfortunate. Boat vs boat is tough, especially in this spot. you played fine and got unlucky. The guy with Aces played somewhat poorly, though with Aces he is probably going to see a showdown he just could played better. He would have gotten lucky anyway.

This is just a bad beat, and responses to these types of hands are typically few and seldom helpful. You just have get used to them, you played this one fine.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By the time BB is 3-betting the river, I'd be a little concerned, mainly because his line is so weird and there's not a whole lot he could have and feel good about all of a sudden (QT? A3?).

[/ QUOTE ]

Even so, all that's beating me now is AA, KK and 33. If I 4 bet the river, that cost me 2 more bets to get 3 more in the pot ( 2 from MP, 1 from BB). Should I not expect to win this hand more than 67% of the time?

We all knew the MP hit his flush, so he doesn't really matter, but w/only those 3 hands that beat me, and hands like QT, A3, K3, KJ, AK, AJ J3, 3x that pay me off, aren't I getting a better value by 4 betting the river?

(not to mention the fact that who could possibly put that guy on AA after calling on all 3 streets)
Old 07-19-2005, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The flush was somewhat expected on that board. Not much else to draw to. The Aces were unfortunate. Boat vs boat is tough, especially in this spot. you played fine and got unlucky. The guy with Aces played somewhat poorly, though with Aces he is probably going to see a showdown he just could played better. He would have gotten lucky anyway.

This is just a bad beat, and responses to these types of hands are typically few and seldom helpful. You just have get used to them, you played this one fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry if it sounded that way, but I wasn't trying to go for a "Man, check out this rape" post. I was more shocked that pissed when he turned over AA. In an action situation like this, it's usually fairly easy to figure out what someone has...but I'll be honest, the AA never entered my mind.

The " Is it me or is it them? It's them, right? " title was just a quote from an old Martin Short character on SNL (the smoking guy). A typical cuteness attempt resulting in total failure.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even so, all that's beating me now is AA, KK and 33. If I 4 bet the river, that cost me 2 more bets to get 3 more in the pot ( 2 from MP, 1 from BB). Should I not expect to win this hand more than 67% of the time?

We all knew the MP hit his flush, so he doesn't really matter, but w/only those 3 hands that beat me, and hands like QT, A3, K3, KJ, AK, AJ J3, 3x that pay me off, aren't I getting a better value by 4 betting the river?

(not to mention the fact that who could possibly put that guy on AA after calling on all 3 streets)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should cap the river.

I was just saying I'd be confused and slightly worried while I was doing it.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:44 PM

Is it Small Stakes or is it Micro-Limit? It's Micro-Limit, right?
Old 07-19-2005, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it Small Stakes or is it Micro-Limit? It's Micro-Limit, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured 1/2 was SS. If it's micro, sorry.