Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 03:47 AM

Default Re: Does anyone here...

[ QUOTE ]
is this what you are looking for?

www.pokertips.org/images/ss/planetpoker-big.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh no, thats incredibly new software for Planet Poker!
Old 07-19-2005, 12:32 PM

Yeah, I remember. The old days.

The lowest game was 3-6. So if you were new and just learning poker, there was no microstakes to practice on.

I also remember it being so, so slow with at least a disconnect per round. You kind of just got used to it.

I also remember other sites using their software, remember Highlands Club!

I have a a returned (bounced) check from Planet from I belive early 1999. They were changing banks or something and sent me the wrong check. They called me and fixed it right away. I never mentioned it publicly as I trusted them and didn't want to hurt their new business.

Would love to see a screen shot. Doh
Old 07-19-2005, 02:34 PM

i played planet in 1998! Also, do you guys remember POKER.COM? Does anyone here remember that site? I know it got replaced or something and is part of a network now, but those were the good old days. I would LOVE to see a screenshot of planerpoker from 1998 or Poker.com!
Old 07-19-2005, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i played planet in 1998! Also, do you guys remember POKER.COM? Does anyone here remember that site? I know it got replaced or something and is part of a network now, but those were the good old days. I would LOVE to see a screenshot of planerpoker from 1998 or Poker.com!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, maybe it was 1998, come to think of it you might be right. I do remember poker.com. They built the site up pretty good, then they got shafted by the company they had purchased/leased the domain name from. One day they just took it away, and I believe poker.com reopened as Gaming Club?
Old 07-19-2005, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I remember. The old days.

The lowest game was 3-6. So if you were new and just learning poker, there was no microstakes to practice on.

I also remember it being so, so slow with at least a disconnect per round. You kind of just got used to it.

I also remember other sites using their software, remember Highlands Club!

I have a a returned (bounced) check from Planet from I belive early 1999. They were changing banks or something and sent me the wrong check. They called me and fixed it right away. I never mentioned it publicly as I trusted them and didn't want to hurt their new business.

Would love to see a screen shot. Doh

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny. I remember Highlands. The owner gave me $1,000 to play on as a prop, I thought that was such a great deal back then!
I also have a bounced Planet check! Which reminds me. It used to be a running joke with my friends and neghbors about the DHL guy. Thats who Paradise used to deliver the checks. My friends would joke that he didnt knock, just came in, got something to drink and left an envelope on the table once a week. My neighbors thought I was dating a DHL driver!
Old 07-19-2005, 09:36 PM

I watched for Granny all day on Day 1, I was stood up!

i came late and you were not in the seat you gave me. i asked ken lambert and he said you were not there. it was sooo busy so i left. me coming back in august to look at some houses.

BIG, BIG trouble for you if we decide to move there.

I WANT COMPS!!! pull that pad out and stfu if you know what's good for you.

woooo
Old 07-20-2005, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I watched for Granny all day on Day 1, I was stood up!

i came late and you were not in the seat you gave me. i asked ken lambert and he said you were not there. it was sooo busy so i left. me coming back in august to look at some houses.

BIG, BIG trouble for you if we decide to move there.

I WANT COMPS!!! pull that pad out and stfu if you know what's good for you.

woooo

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect. I am leaving in August. I got a house for sale too! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]