Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 06:21 PM

Default Re: Did i make a mistake here? Orleans Open NL

I think you are thinking too much about the results and not what led up to your decision to push. My first question, why push? Betting a large amount over the top is enough to put the villain to a decision. Not to metion re-raising not all in looks a lot more like AA/KK than pushing all in. He decided to gamble on a coin flip, but so did you since you put your money in thinking he had some sort of Mid pair or at worst A-10. Granted you are killing A-10, but you are behind a mid pair. You are basically gambling on a steal with outs in this situation and I personally don't think that this was the time to do it if you were playing strong up until this point and felt you would make the money without a problem.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Did i make a mistake here? Orleans Open NL

The key thing your assuming is i am risking my life on a coinflip. Notice i am only risking that if he calls. And i think he will fold MUCH more often than call in this spot. When he does call than i'm gamgling with a coinflip unless he decided to call with a worse ace where i love it. I'm only in real bad shape against AA. Even kk i still have 30 percent chance to win. But barring those 2 i will preflop most of the time and build my stack up.

I felt if i folded this hand preflop i would probably make the money. As i have made the money conssitently with far less than this. But i said screw it i'm playing it storng and putting him to the decision. 1st was 27k and the money was $385. Putting people to tough decisions and you being put to a tough decision are 2 different things. I put him to a decision. That is much better than me being put to a decision. And than when put ot the decision to decide to call off on a coinflip or big dog situation when i still had plenty of chips.

You ever hear the saying its much easier to move all in than it is to call an all in?
Closed Thread