Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 05:00 PM

Default tough run or just bad play

Hey, I've been playing a lot of 2-4 holdem lately. I've been trying to play tight and agressive. (by the way i normally play on pstars 2-3 tables at a time) I've been on a losing streak in the last few thousand hands. I have been losing a lot of big pots and winning small ones. I have been going on long streaks maybe 40 hands without winning a pot. The real question is, am I playing too tight, where if i get a big hand beat i lose a huge pot. Or am I just on an unlucky streak. I have posted some hands in the last couple days and for the most part I have been told that i have played them correctly. I know this is a weird a and vague question, but I need some help!!!!!
Old 07-19-2005, 05:12 PM

Default Re: tough run or just bad play

Just a question. Do you think you playing 2-3 tables at once has something to do with it? I would just think it takes enough concentration to study 9 other opponents let alone 18 more. I've had a loosing streak before. Keeping records of my play allowed me to see where I was loosing the most money. How about you?
Old 07-19-2005, 06:00 PM

Default Re: tough run or just bad play

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, I've been playing a lot of 2-4 holdem lately. I've been trying to play tight and agressive. (by the way i normally play on pstars 2-3 tables at a time) I've been on a losing streak in the last few thousand hands. I have been losing a lot of big pots and winning small ones. I have been going on long streaks maybe 40 hands without winning a pot. The real question is, am I playing too tight, where if i get a big hand beat i lose a huge pot. Or am I just on an unlucky streak. I have posted some hands in the last couple days and for the most part I have been told that i have played them correctly. I know this is a weird a and vague question, but I need some help!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

If you use poker tracker this link should help you out. I just found it recently and LOVE this method of measuring hot/cold. How long have you played for? What books have you read? Give us some more info. Give us some PT stats if you got 'em as well (just not your BB/100... bad etiquette).