Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 04:48 PM

Default QQ hand - what\'s the best line?

This kind of situation is one that I have yet to find a line that I actually like. In this specific hand, I'm not entirely comfortable with betting into an ace on the flop (even though it is my standard line), but I don't want to give away a free card to a flush draw. When it's raised, is it +EV to fold, or should I call down?

I realize that most situations are read dependent, but unless the villian is extremely agressive or extremely passive I don't think they help too much here.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP3 folds, BB folds, UTG calls...
Old 07-19-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Re: QQ hand - what\'s the best line?

I think I call - mostly for image, then check/fold unimproved.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I realize that most situations are read dependent, but unless the villian is extremely agressive or extremely passive I don't think they help too much here

[/ QUOTE ]

what does villain cold call with would be the question. i think most of the ones- stupid or other wise have you beaten or solid redraws plus UTG has called 2 back: Axs, KQs, Ax-anything.

you have no solid redraws- your straight is a joking miracle and 1 of your outs puts 3 to a flush, so i'm comfortable folding w/o a read of trickiness, bluffer, or otherwise.

i realize the pot is large, but 2 players playing this way, you could be in a world of hurt before the river comes in.

i thought about calling, but i doubt you'll get a free look at the river (checked through turn) if MP was indeed trying to fold out the field with a T or mid pocket pair.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:56 PM

Any reads?
Reraise it. If he caps it he might hit 2 pair or a set so i would c/f the turn. But there's a really good chance that he's on a draw and your hand is still good.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:56 PM

Wow, that flop sucks. He cold called, so I could easily see any ace, pocket 10's, or pocket 5's. You are probably behind, but I would call and fold the turn unimproved.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:58 PM

So folding is probably the best line here, but do you still lead the flop?
Old 07-19-2005, 04:58 PM

Location: Somewhere between the Cask n Flagon and Green Monster

You're in a tough spot. I call the flop raise and then check-fold the turn UI. The thing that seals it for me is having two villains going into the turn.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:08 PM

To everyone advocating a raise or a call, what is your rationalization for such a play? You could be drawing to as few as 1 out and are still very vulnerable to redraws if you are ahead.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:14 PM

Yeah. Leading that flop is mandatory. They don't always have the A, but it often helps to listen when they say they do.

Edit: And reraising is pretty bad. You're very likely behind.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah. Leading that flop is mandatory. They don't always have the A, but it often helps to listen when they say they do.

Edit: And reraising is pretty bad. You're very likely behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Wouldnt the villain be playing the same with the a fd?