Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 08:02 AM

Default Re: Britain Only Now Sees It\'s Harbored Terrorist Cells

[ QUOTE ]
Britain Only Now Sees It's Harbored Terrorist Cells

Britain is in shock.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm from the UK - London, actually. It isn't in shock at all. We just get on with it, as always. In shock suggests a violent reaction or response.

Don't believe everything you read. The media is geared to sensationalism.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well...since President Bush pledged to show no mercy to any country found to be harboring terrorists, does that mean we should declare war on Great Britain?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. He'd have a job. We'd be too difficult for GWB to handle.

Try the French, they'll be a pushover (just ask the English, the Germans etc etc).
Old 07-18-2005, 12:42 PM

What's your proposed solution? Ethnic internment camps worked in WWII. However, I don't want to go down that road again.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:04 AM

I think we are starting to see a political backlash on this with calls coming on some of the Islamic leaders to start taking a bit more control over what is happening within the faith including a meeting at downing street with some religious leaders.

It seems within Islam from what is being said there is a gap between the religious elders and the new younger westernised generations, there is a lot of conflict for a lot of these young people anyway as they try to balance western living with their own culture and perhaps more so their families expectations.

Some of the clerics who are seen as moderate who condemn 9/11 and the London suicide bombings are pro suicide bombings in Isreal so there is a lot of complexities
around the whole of this issue.

Are their terrorist cells in the UK I am sure there still are, I am sure there are those actively recruiting as well, however I suspect this is the case in the US as well. The problem comes though if you come down hard on these people you then create an enviroment where more moderate people feel victimized as they get caught up in it and you possibly encourage the cycle of hate just like in Isreal and Ireland where conflicts have been ongoing for so long.

We probably need to look to adress why these young people feel so disillutioned with the country they were born and raised in and address things that way rather than cracking down so hard that things get out of control.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We probably need to look to adress why these young people feel so disillutioned with the country they were born and raised in and address things that way rather than cracking down so hard that things get out of control.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard some nonsense in my time but this takes the biscuit. Evil murderers should be; caught, tortured in order to extract information ( and pour encourager les outres) and then killed. Things are already 'out of control', the liberal elite that has allowed this to happen in my city believe this crap. My father was Latvian when the Nazis came to his country he didnt care about their motives for being Nazis he along with many of his country men fought them un-remittingly. When the Russians came more of the same, the Russians ended Latvian insurgency by brutal methods, I can tell you from my own family history killing insurgents/terrorists/freedom fighters doesn't led to more 'terrorists' its leads to more corpses (and victory).
Old 07-19-2005, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard some nonsense in my time but this takes the biscuit. Evil murderers should be; caught, tortured in order to extract information ( and pour encourager les outres) and then killed. Things are already 'out of control', the liberal elite that has allowed this to happen in my city believe this crap. My father was Latvian when the Nazis came to his country he didnt care about their motives for being Nazis he along with many of his country men fought them un-remittingly. When the Russians came more of the same, the Russians ended Latvian insurgency by brutal methods, I can tell you from my own family history killing insurgents/terrorists/freedom fighters doesn't led to more 'terrorists' its leads to more corpses (and victory).

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok lets just bomb the mosques then lets have second british civil war. There really is no comparison to this and the Russian and Nazi invasions of anywhere.

There are some people with extereme views within the Asian community but in the main the overwhelming majority just want an ordinary life and have no intentions outside of that. There are right wing Nazis oops I mean Nationalists within the BNP and other parts of the white community as well who might not perform mass terrorism but terrorise neverthe less by their thoughts and racial attacks, maybe not so much in London but in places like Leicster and Bolton etc etc.

Things are not out of control we have had one bomb attack in however many years sice the last IRA one it is not the time for race wars and race crackdowns to be put into place and inflame the situation, otherwise you will just see repeats of the Brixton etc riots except asians instead of blacks.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've heard some nonsense in my time but this takes the biscuit. Evil murderers should be; caught, tortured in order to extract information ( and pour encourager les outres) and then killed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on this is laughable, if you torture people they don't tell you the truth, they confess to things they never did, things they did, [censored] your sister, and your mom, and your pot-bellied pig horace. If you want the truth, then torture isn't going to get it.

Mack
Old 07-19-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've heard some nonsense in my time but this takes the biscuit. Evil murderers should be; caught, tortured in order to extract information ( and pour encourager les outres) and then killed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on this is laughable, if you torture people they don't tell you the truth, they confess to things they never did, things they did, [censored] your sister, and your mom, and your pot-bellied pig horace. If you want the truth, then torture isn't going to get it.

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok you ask me the pin number to my ATM as rigorously as you want for as long as you want, then i'll secure you to a chair and with the aid of a pencil gets yours in 5 seconds.Torture doesn't work, where you read that, ask a torture victim they'll tell you otherwise.

Again real life experience look to how the Soviets destroyed the resistance in eastern Europe, torture works very very well, a lot better than flushing korans down toilet of having trailer park trash lead you around on a leash.You either fight a war or don't, you don't do things half arsed and let liberal assholes get involved thats how we'll loose.

'Torture doesnt work', 'killing terrorists makes more terrorists', thats bullshit we could should we choose kill every muslim on earth very quickly, or we could also expel them all to the arabian penisuslar. We have the power to kill them all; the guilty, the fellow travellers, the innocent.

The reason large sections of the muslim world are in the former two catergories is because they perceive us as weak, I wonder why?
Old 07-19-2005, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok you ask me the pin number to my ATM as rigorously as you want for as long as you want, then i'll secure you to a chair and with the aid of a pencil gets yours in 5 seconds.Torture doesn't work, where you read that, ask a torture victim they'll tell you otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are purposely being a prick, if you put bamboo shoots under someones nails and say 'did you do it?' enough times, you will find everyone did it. Your proposed methods are as fair as trial by water, in which innocent people drowned and the guilty swam and were burnt alive, grow up and live in the 21st century, if you want freedom and democracy you can't treat people in the kind of barbaric way.

I love the way people act tough on the internet too, you can get my pin number, really? FU I'm overdrawn anyway.

Mack
Old 07-20-2005, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it is only just dawning on the great British public that it has unwittingly harbored a terrorist cell in its midst

[/ QUOTE ]

And, in a related story: right-wing columnist waves his hands and magically deletes the IRA from British memory. Local wingnuts rave: 'authoritative!', 'brilliant!'. Film at eleven.

q/q