Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 06:38 PM

Default Re: ARE B&M PLAYERS BETTER THAN INTERNET PLAYERS?....YES

QUOTE:Repeat after me. "WSOP is a B&M event. WSOP is a B&M event

REPEAT after me. I can Not do my own thinking. I can Not do my own thinking.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:04 PM

While it is a blanket statement that doesn't amount to much on its own, it does have merit as a decent starting point (regardless of the not-so witty comments that say otherwise. Sidenote: in my experience 2+2 has the most disproportionate people who ARE witty to people who think/try to be witty of the many boards I frequent). Just look at what Raymer said: Kanter wasn't playing him, he was playing the cards. In the long run, being able to play the player is going to separate the good from the mediocre when it come to B&M tournies. So depending on what you are saying they are "better" at (tournaments, ring games, online games, etc.), there is merit to the statement.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:29 PM

Default Re: THANK YOU

I agree 100% and then some.I think a lot of 2+2 people are rather young, early 20s to early 30s. I try to give just enough info to get their creative thought processes working so they can think on their feet but it is rather difficult at times because they tend to lack reading comprehension.

I remember a writing course I took many years ago taught by a highly published author.This is what she said our very first class as she walked into the room: rubberband, hardboiled egg, and bra.You students have 90 minutes to write a handwritten 3 page short story incorporating all three items into the story. I was amazed at how many were not able to get more than one paragraph, 70% of class.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:30 PM

What a great thread!
Old 07-19-2005, 02:23 PM

There seems to be enough winning B&M players that cant beat the online game to ask this question.

Playing only ONE TABLE at a time online do the B&M players tend to suffer more bad beats than at B&M room?

If yes,why