Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Re: WSOP - XRay Vision Winning Chances

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What if he pushes all in on the turn? You are about an 85% favorite here and should call, but obviously doing so would put your tournament life at risk.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would fold. But even if I did call my tourney life is not at risk because my stack is bigger. Most players don't overbet the pot by five times all in on a bluff. (He would be risking about 22000 to win a 4100 pot.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Would a pro catch on, and exploit this "weakness" in your strategy? If a pro would push way more often against you than he would normally push against others on the flop/turn, would this affect anything?

All of this is the kind of discussion I was hoping for. Thanks.

-RMJ
Old 07-18-2005, 02:49 PM

I think a pro would be terrified of you.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:03 PM

Are you kidding me? If you knew every other player's cards every hand, you're teling me you wouldn't absolutely dominate? You could play whatever cards you want and always know where you stand in a hand. You wouldn't have to take big risks, just play weak/tight and call down when you are winning and fold when you are behind. I think a good player would most likely win the tournament. This is an unbelievable advantage.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:44 PM

No way would it be less than 50%. Any decent player would have well over a 50% chance to win. You could make unbelievable plays like not posting the blind with KK or going all in everytime you knew your opponent couldn't call. You would never lose money after the river. I would win more than 90% of the time and I would be embarassed if I lost. I really don't know how you could lose.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:57 PM

I would win exactly one WSOP. Not because of odds or whatever, but rather because after I won millions and millions of dollars, I would retire from work and buy a few houses in various countries and live life. I don't see the point in making even more money after that. It's more money than you'll ever need in your lifetime and I'm not about to become one of those people who has servants to wipe their ass for them. 7 million? I'm done for life. I'm just gonna have a family and chill.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would win exactly one WSOP. Not because of odds or whatever, but rather because after I won millions and millions of dollars, I would retire from work and buy a few houses in various countries and live life. I don't see the point in making even more money after that. It's more money than you'll ever need in your lifetime and I'm not about to become one of those people who has servants to wipe their ass for them. 7 million? I'm done for life. I'm just gonna have a family and chill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you decide to just pick a random thread to post this?
Old 07-19-2005, 12:21 AM

3% is just silly. All you have to do is play weak-tight early on until you at least get the biggest stack at the table; then you can't be afraid of getting sucked out on (and you'll rarely be putting yourself in such positions even then; if another big stack goes all-in on the turn and has even a 5% chance against me, I'll fold). After this point it should be unbelievably easy to win the whole shebang. The only thing to be afraid of is an ice-cold deck for you at the beginning of the tourney, but with the blinds fairly low to start, I don't think this is an issue. I say 99.7% chance to win.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you decide to just pick a random thread to post this?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, this thread really isn't about much. I'm just saying that if I had X-ray vision, I would 100% win the WSOP. And instead of playing the WSOP or poker in general after that, I simply stated what I would do.

As you can see, people have posted that they could win multiple/all the WSOP. I'm saying that with the Xray power, I would just win once.

But if you meant that I was off topic because I didn't elaborate on how I would play with Xray vision, here it is:

With X-Ray vision you can:
1. Fold pre-flop and save yourself the blinds.
2. Call any bluff.
3. See the next card on the top of the deck.
4. See all the cards people folded. So if 3 people folded Kings and 3 other peoples folded Aces, and you're holding AK, then you know it's a dead hand.
5. Be able to trap/slow play/bluff at any time you want.
6. See through the clothes of hot women.

All I would have to do is occasionally fold or lose a pot to make it look more believable. Which wouldn't be hard or risky because I would have a huge stack early on and always be able to win anything I lose back.

Hand for hand, it's not 100% win rate.

Cash tables, tournys are both 100% win rates. I would never walk away from a session of poker without coming out way ahead. The entire point of poker is to figure out your opponent to try and *know* what cards they have. If you can see the cards, then no matter what your opponent does, you know the right move to make against them.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:44 AM

Wow this is a cool question.

You need to double up 16 times in order to win it all. I'm guessing of those 16 times you could probably go in as a 100% favorite 3-5 of them, the rest would be in the 90-95% range.

However you would be able to pick up a lot of pots where you can see nobody has anything and will be unwilling to contend with a raise. It's hard to guess how big this edge really is.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:17 AM

if you were smart you could win 100% of the time