Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 10:06 PM

Default Re: Dear Bison. July 2005. Something licked this way comes.

Dear Bison,

Could you live without a refrigarator for 11 months?
Old 07-18-2005, 10:07 PM

Dear Bison,

What are you doing in your avatar?
Old 07-18-2005, 10:18 PM

Dear Bison,

I recently started a job through a temp agency as an "Office Assistant" which is basically a receptionist, but without the title, so they can occasionally give me non-receptionist jobs.

It seems to me that I have far exceeded the expectations of the company I am working for. I constantly find myself correcting the previous temp's mistakes, and am the Go-To Guy for most computer issues. Just recently I put together a 30+ page PowerPoint presentation for investors of the company.

Bottom line is, I think I am worth more than I am making. How should I go about getting mo' money? Should I ask the owner of the company, or should I go through the temp agency and ask them for a bigger cut?

Also, the company I'm working for seems very reluctant to pay me overtime... They would rather have me shift my hours around than pay me extra... Any recommendations for getting around that?

Thanks a lot.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:20 PM

Dear Bison,
To be honest this is a weird question to ask, and it seems like you are the best person to ask this question. My girlfriend has been in a bad mood for what seems like months now. Barely wants to hang out with friends, and when we go out she does not talk to people, and is a jerk to me a lot. I don't think I am a jerk to here, so let's just assume it is not my fault. I have tried to be there for here and try to cheer here up, but there seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. I want to be with her, but she is such a drag all the time it starting to get to me. Is there any easy way to deal with this? Or is it just a year and half relationship breaking down a slow natural painful death?

Thanks.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:39 PM

Dear Bison,

I have a friend who is Indian, but he is dating a White American girl. All of his friends and family disapprove of the relationship despite the fact that she is a wonderful person and goes out of her way to learn about their rituals and customs and to try to fit in. He also tries to be accomodating and to protect her from the existent prejudice and also to encourage his friends and family to be more understanding. They are becoming somewhat more accepting, but I think that he is still having a very hard time knowing that his relationship is causing a lot of pain and disapproval in those he loves the most (second most?). Any advice? Do you think it will work out? Should he give up the relationship and just resign himself to trying to find an Indian girl he can love? He is in his mid-late twenties, btw, if that matters. So is she.

TWP
Old 07-18-2005, 11:18 PM

Dear Bison:

Have you read the thread on that "Kwazar" dude allegedly getting into an accident? Here.

Per some fantastic 2+2 detective work, it seems that his girlfriend (or someone posing as his girlfriend) might be running a scam to get donations since Mr. Kwazar has no health insurance. Nothing is conclusive, but there are red flags everywhere.

OOTers ruined his poker forum, and although it was hysterical, I felt some guilt afterwards when he had a meltdown and shut his whole forum down. If he's fraudulently soliciting donations, that guilt would be alleviated.

When you get a chance, read the thread. Scam or no?
Old 07-18-2005, 11:27 PM

Dear Internet Celebrity,

Where in California should I relocate? I currently live in the hell known as the Central Valley.

Thanks,

BWebb
Old 07-18-2005, 11:33 PM

Dear Bison,

Thank you for responding. I agree that the avg 21 yo dating a 17yo is probably sketchy. I don't want to be one of those guys.

I'm not trying to use her if that's what you were wondering; I actually want to find out if she would be a good long-term prospect. She seems mature and intellegent, so we'll see.

I should probably hold off on trying to hit it. I actually would feel bad if I hurt her.

You seem like a very level-headed person, and I just wondered your opinion on the matter.

Thanks again,

~Jack
Old 07-18-2005, 11:36 PM

Dear Bison,

If you could be made MTV style, what would you be?

Sincerely,
IP
Old 07-18-2005, 11:41 PM

Dear Bison,

What the [censored] is with people who shop at Wal-mart??!?

Thanks,

MW2