Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 07:32 PM

Default Re: $200+15

You are betting into 3 people who called a preflop raise with paint on the board. You might as well just throw the chips away because you're going to get called and then have no way out of the hand except to check/fold (which is what you should have done in the first place).
Old 07-18-2005, 07:34 PM

Button could be raising with a lot less than AJ here.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But what does the bet DO. If he calls a 3/4 bet size you're screwed: you are basically pot committed in a hand you have to fold. If he reraises you you have to fold. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is...

WTF??

[/ QUOTE ]

not pot comitted

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine, if you throw 15% of your stack in the pot I guess you're not pot committed on the flop, but it's still a waste of 150 chips.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are betting into 3 people who called a preflop raise with paint on the board. You might as well just throw the chips away because you're going to get called and then have no way out of the hand except to check/fold (which is what you should have done in the first place).

[/ QUOTE ]

betting into three people, one who is weak (checked already) one who is quite weak (just called a raise) and one who could possibly be strong; so effectively betting into one strong hand.

David
Old 07-18-2005, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Button could be raising with a lot less than AJ here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone else agree?
Old 07-18-2005, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

betting into three people, one who is weak (checked already) one who is quite weak (just called a raise) and one who could possibly be strong; so effectively betting into one strong hand.

David

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't know why you are still arguing this...you know betting here is a poor play and everyone has told you why.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:40 PM

on the 60-40 odds quoted above this does not seen so bad, especially considering image that you could build.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:47 PM

The image of a total donk who limps in, misses his set, and bets into 3 opponents with an underpair?

Even if you think the button is raising with less than ace jack...maybe QJ, JT, you are still practically drawing dead to anyone with top pair.

And no, you are not basically betting into "one strong hand"...you are betting into three hands, one of which called a sizeable preflop raise (AK, AQ, AJ?? Who knows and who cares).

You got responses from the "poker gods" (I assume you were talking about Curtains and Raptor) who both said it was a donk move. Everyone on this board who has a reasonable knowledge of SNGs who has posted on this thread has said it's a donk move. I know you are obviously attached to your play on this hand and think you made a brilliant play, but there are only so many times people on the board can say that this is a terrible play. YOU MISSED THE FLOP. LET THE HAND GO.

I am pretty shocked that someone who plays the 215s would so stubbornly defend this kind of play.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:50 PM

[quote

I really don't know why you are still arguing this...you know betting here is a poor play and everyone has told you why.

[/ QUOTE ]

no hard feelings at all are meant here, but i beleive that in arguing you can form a better understanding of the way you play.

I dont think that in this hand a bet is a disastarous play. I agree normally i do behave how everyone does above, but on this occasion i would prefer to go against the convention. On this hand, i do think that there are a number of valid points for making a raise. I also think there are a number of valid reasons for not making this decision. But as i said early, i think the best understanding is heard from arguing, as opposed to aggreeing with the gospel.

Take care,

David
Old 07-18-2005, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The image of a total donk who limps in, [ QUOTE ]

you say that as you know my cards... but am i total donk to the others playing? they do not know what i have.. if i raise and fold or raise and win in this situation not knowing my cards am i a donk?

David