Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 07:13 PM

Default Re: TILT? WHAT\'S TILT?

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop, call river.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can cold call pocket pairs on a loose table, that's not necessarily a mistake. That said, I think the river fold is a huge mistake.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can cold call pocket pairs on a loose table, that's not necessarily a mistake. That said, I think the river fold is a huge mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's a mistake.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You can is several others have already called the raise. But early, like this, you're rolling the dice too often to make up the difference.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:19 PM

Why is everyone talking about a call? Where were the tens and the nines on the flop and the turn? They remembered to bet them on the river? IMO this is a definite raise.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is everyone talking about a call? Where were the tens and the nines on the flop and the turn? They remembered to bet them on the river? IMO this is a definite raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

why? what hands are paying you off?
Old 07-18-2005, 07:20 PM

I'm with you, Donkey. If folding here is a mistake, it's a very small one. The 4 other people in the pot are unlikely to ALL be on a flush draw or OESD. I might call out of disgust if I was closing the action and I was drunk, but I don't know about if there's one player left behind me. I don't think you can overcall on this board at all.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm with you, Donkey. If folding here is a mistake, it's a very small one. The 4 other people in the pot are unlikely to ALL be on a flush draw or OESD. I might call out of disgust if I was closing the action and I was drunk, but I don't know about if there's one player left behind me. I don't think you can overcall on this board at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

couldn't the guy behind you be on a flush/straight draw? or a mid pocket pair that thinks everyone is bluffing?
Old 07-18-2005, 07:34 PM

It looks to me like this is a table where cold-calling with a low pocket pair isn't so bad, with two people already in and six still to act. If I thought a bunch of folds or a 3-bet were very likely to take place after I called, though, I wouldn't do it.

SB hasn't really been doing anything to indicate he flopped top pair or turned trips, so that makes his river bet suspicious. When he bet the river, I would think he probably got intimidated by the preflop/flop action and decided just to call down with his ten but then changed his mind when he rivered a boat.

I'm pretty sure I'd call though. The only person left to act has shown no strength whatsoever, so I'm not really expecting a raise behind me, and I think I can probably beat whatever MP3 might call with. And, like I said, SB's donkbet is kind of suspicious. And one thing I'd wonder is if he might be "value-betting" an ace.

Anyway, this is one of those times when SB benefited from making what would seem to be an insane bluff into four players and having the one player with a hand be an opponent who realized how crazy a bluff would be in this protected pot. (And having the last player to act call with jack-high was just a bonus.)

Possibly UTG had an overpair, but I suspect he had ace-high instead, if not a counterfeited 88 or something.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure this is not a play that will pay off for SB in the long run.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I seriously disagree with everyone who has posted in this thread. What a bluff by the SB though. And a nice call with Jack high by MP3, genius really.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

I think i disaggree a little, I think its something random 5-10% of the time(usually an A)

I guess know MP3 is a total donkey makes it easier, or that SB would bluff into 4ppl
Old 07-18-2005, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What a bluff by the SB though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

But I think Hero can call this since there aren't any callers yet. There's no way Hero can overcall with this hand, but I think he picks off an ace-high often enough for this to be a good call. I have a tough time putting villain on either a ten or a nine, which really makes it look like Axs.