Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 05:38 PM

Default Re: Official Heads-up Challenge list/bracket

I transfered the $10 to your stars account. My stars nickname
is hototogisu.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:44 PM

I am somewhat concerned about how schedules will be coordinated. I usually get home from work about 7. Setting up a game at about 8 would work very nicely for me. But if you set me up against someone in the UK (for example), with the 8 hour time difference (I think), that would be 4 am, which they would not find to be a reasonable time. They might say we should play at 6 pm their time, but that would be during the workday for me, which is definitely not okay. How would this work? You say that "whoever can't make it forfeits", but I don't know how that plays out when there are just people on different weekday schedules that can't agree on a time.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am somewhat concerned about how schedules will be coordinated. I usually get home from work about 7. Setting up a game at about 8 would work very nicely for me. But if you set me up against someone in the UK (for example), with the 8 hour time difference (I think), that would be 4 am, which they would not find to be a reasonable time. They might say we should play at 6 pm their time, but that would be during the workday for me, which is definitely not okay. How would this work? You say that "whoever can't make it forfeits", but I don't know how that plays out when there are just people on different weekday schedules that can't agree on a time.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a legitimate concern, but I think a 2 day window should be enough for two players to schedule a time to play. If it becomes a serious problem, we can work something else out.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:57 PM

I'm in.

Charcoal77 on Stars
$10 on its way
Old 07-18-2005, 06:06 PM

I'm in. Same username on Stars.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:59 PM

I would also like to express my concerns about the 50BB freezeout. I would suggest a smaller buy-in size or a maximum time limit (say 2 hrs).

This is a concern for me since I have a limited amount of time in a week that I play poker (I am lucky to get 10 hours it seems) and playing a very long HU match, while fun, is not an effective use of my poker time.

Although I really want to participate I may have to backout, depending on the time commitment involved. I'll follow this thread tonight and will let you know when I make a decision (if I am going to stay in or leave). My decision will depend largely on the length of these matches. Remember, the HU limit matches Negreanu was playing were 50BB matches and some of them lasted like 10+ hours. Granted they are getting much less hands per hour but still... that's a big chunk of time.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:23 PM

I would be willing to do this as well
Old 07-18-2005, 07:35 PM

I've been thinking it over and 50BB does seem like too much. While we aren't negreanue caliber players, these matches could take a # of hours that I don't want to spend personally.

If everyone can agree on 30BB ($1.20) I think this is much more reasonable and would still take enough time so if you freeze out twice in a row (like I will) it will be worth your $12.40.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:00 PM

$10 transfered

my Stars name is "LongBall400"
Old 07-18-2005, 08:33 PM

baron can I neteller you the $10?