Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 04:43 PM

Default Turn semibluff

Fairly new to shorthanded, so just cecking that i'm learning right, heh.

Villian is a TAG 17%/11%/1.51 over 175 hands. 100% winrate at showdown

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

He took his time on the checkraise, so either he multi-tables bad or didnt like his hand that much (ie pair less then a Q)

This a bad play against a TAG?
Old 07-18-2005, 04:53 PM

Default Re: Turn semibluff

As for now you are probably better off never overlimping on the button behind one player than doing it too much.

Raise preflop.

The turn seem very tough, it´s clearly correct if he is aggro enough to CR AK, 99 or similar as he will prolly fold those given his tightyness. He just seem a bit too tight for that and his AF is pretty low. I think I´d just call and try to hit.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:53 PM

I think this is a good play. The hands that villain could have that contain a queen are KQ, AQ, and QQ. You have a little fold equity here (unless he has an 8 obviously) so the raise coupled with the chance you will outdraw him make this a good play. I'd fold the river UI if he 3-bets.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:53 PM

I raise PF to isolate the weak limper. SB's combo of PFR and flop c/r is pretty damn strange, seems like a monster instead of a marginal hand. Though, he could be trying to isolate an LP raise with a mid PP. That being said, I think the raise here is a good one. You've represented an 8 pretty well so far, and there's almost zero chance a SB PFR has one. If he has a mid PP, then you'll see a fold often enough for it to be +EV. Likewise, you have enough outs that you're really not losing much equity with the raise. At this point, the only hands he can really 3-bet you with are QQ and 88 (and maybe KK/AA if he's over aggro) so if you're playing well, you might be able to fold to the turn 3-bet since you're essentially drawing dead. If I was playing live though, I don't think I could make this fold, though I would probably just call a river bet.