Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Did I play my poket 8\'s wrong?

Thanks for the input.
I can see my major mistake was made on the river when I knew i was beat and still raised for no obvious reason.
I Appreciate the help everyone!
Old 07-18-2005, 03:00 PM

The turn bet from villian represents the A, however the raise from hero is because we don't believe him, since he already bet a low flop into a pf raiser. I do worry about the low rags by the river and just call it down.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
River raise doesn't make sense. I am very interested in the turn raise. Lots of people seem to think its a good play. I don't quite get it. Is a call bad? Pot is pretty big so fold is not an option. But his bet represented an Ace, what benefit may you get from your raise? You are preflop raiser so he may think you have a bigger ace, but I don't think he will fold anyways given he bet out the flop/turn and the pot size. Why not just call?

[/ QUOTE ]

His turn bet could be representing the A, or he could be following up on his flop aggression, hoping the A is a scare card for us. The lack of a re-raise suggests our skepticism of his Ace may be right.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:08 PM

what hand are you beating that is folding to your raise on the river?
Old 07-18-2005, 04:34 PM

Like I said, I really wansn't beating anything with my river raise (except a hand that didnt hit anything) so I'm not totally sure why I did that. He had been playing fairly loose up to this point and I guess I just thought that he might think I have a 5 (although my betting pattern wouldn't support that arguement much) or that he missed the river and was betting to try and get me to fold (also not a sound arguement). All in all, I just played the river rather poorly.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:41 PM

I don't like the turn and river, especially the river. I'd fold here, don't see what you can beat. Turn is harder, I'd either fold or just call. Although pot's small, no shame in folding here.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:48 PM

don't post results, it skews responses.

play is standard until the turn donkbet. I think calling is fine here. it's HU, so no need to protect. you can only raise for value if you have a strong read that villain bluffs a lot *and* will call down/reraise hopelessly.

there's no way you raise the river. this is the third time he's bet into you and there's just too much out there that beats you.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:13 PM

fold the river to BBs bet. only think he plays this way on the flop oyu're beating is 66 or 77.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:21 PM

If he is slowplaying his made set, or do have an Ace, raise is not optimal; if he had nothing at all, our raise may also have some chance to scare him off, and win one less bet. With one more card to come an exact estimation will be hard but I think raise or call is a very close decision. It is very common for
BB to play Ax. A raise does yield more information for his hand but if the player is tricky or have no clue at all, It doesn't have enough value return.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:37 AM

TURN: Fold. You seem to be clearly beaten at this point. You might be drawing to two outs, you might be drawing dead to a flush.