Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 01:55 PM

Default Re: Folding QQ on Flop

Aaron...

You make very good points and I can absolutely see following the line you suggest.

Just two comments on what you said:

1) I don't really agree that the fact that there is a lot of betting to come means that raising here is MORE risky than if it were a later street. If we raise and he three-bets, I think we're folding. If he calls and the turn misses us, we can fold to his bet then and we're only out one small bet either way.

2) If you were playing the villain's cards in this hand and had anything EXCEPT the flush (AK, AQ, AA, etc.) how would you respond to the raise behind you? Would you re-raise with TP/GK or would you just call? Would you fold TP if you didn't have the flush on this board?

Again, your post has definitely got me thinking the fold is the right line. But these two things are sticking in my head and I'm curious what you think.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haha..I swear I have these same thoughts every few weeks. It makes me think the fish are conspiring against me and having meetings to figure out how to exploit me. In reality it just burns me so bad inside when I fold a winner in a spot like this (and to weak players) that the memory just sticks in my head and it seems like it happens more often than it truly does. I have to remind myself that in order to be a winning player, you will occasionally end up folding the winning hand

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the greatest thing I've heard in a while. We need a TAG to go accross enemy lines and attend this meeting. I'll try and def. post there plans at a later time!! NH
Old 07-18-2005, 01:58 PM

This is what I should have done. I HATE having position and being forced off a hand thinking I'm beat and end up folding the winner. I'm glad I'm at work b/c now I'm on tilt thinking about this damn hand!!!!
Old 07-18-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I understand your "get away from big pairs" leak theory. But, a raise here would only put one BB in the pot and will show you just how you stand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your position is entirely reasonable and defensible.

But given no reads on this player, I dump it. If I know this guy as a LAG or probably even a TAG, I might take your line depending on my mood.

Again with no reads on villain here - If I were in early position on this hand, I would bet this flop and fold to a raise.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:38 PM

I'll be the villain. I have black jacks, raise PF, get 3-bet, figure you're a donk, so I cap. Now what am I going to do on the flop, check? No way, I bet out to see what you're going to do. If you raise, then maybe I fold, fearing QQ, KK, AA, AK, or KdQd.

You should raise the flop and see what I do next.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:46 PM

Same here, My post was based on play against a LAG even though i said LPP in a previous post I meant LAG. I should have said that to begin with.