Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 02:26 PM

Default Re: finally some real hiphop

[ QUOTE ]

wow, i was just about to post something to that same effect. when someone says "real hip hop" i think of criminal minded, illmatic, gang starr, the basketball scene in wild style, rakim, etc etc etc...not ant, slug, and murs.

[/ QUOTE ]

The posturing (not quite the right word, but close enough for my tastes) going on in this thread is awesome. The OOT is [censored]' BAD!
Old 07-18-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Backpacker.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Backpacker.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-18-2005, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
anybody who says "real hip-hop" in this context is basically a new jack [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, i was just about to post something to that same effect. when someone says "real hip hop" i think of criminal minded, illmatic, gang starr, the basketball scene in wild style, rakim, etc etc etc...not ant, slug, and murs.

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome, i appreciate what you say, i really do. it's so great that every time a music thread is starting it's never perfect enough for everyone. you dont comment on the music- this wasn't supposed to be a thread about hiphop but a suggestion to those who enjoy it to pick up this new disc, that is not too well known.

i'm so glad i dont have to give a [censored] about your opinion [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2005, 04:45 PM

immortal technique. revolutionary volume 2. this guy is the real deal. for you conspiracy nuts, check out his single, "bin laden"
Old 07-18-2005, 05:01 PM

Great album. That "conspiracy theorem" is pretty weak though.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
immortal technique. revolutionary volume 2. this guy is the real deal. for you conspiracy nuts, check out his single, "bin laden"

[/ QUOTE ]

he is sick. but all he talks about is aborted baby fetuses (feti? wtf is the plural?)
Old 07-18-2005, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
anybody who says "real hip-hop" in this context is basically a new jack [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome, i appreciate what you say, i really do. it's so great that every time a music thread is starting it's never perfect enough for everyone. you dont comment on the music- this wasn't supposed to be a thread about hiphop but a suggestion to those who enjoy it to pick up this new disc, that is not too well known.

i'm so glad i dont have to give a [censored] about your opinion [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the thing.

It wasn't just a suggestion. It wasn't "this CD is dope". It was "finally a CD that I as a white person feel safe listening to".

There were judgements implied about other music that A- are retarded B- tell me the listener has a fractured understanding of what really defines hip-hop music C- tells me that the poster probably started listening to hip-hop in the last 8 years. The poster started this with his choice of subject headings, we just called him out.

I think Ja-Rule and Nelly are both horrible in any circumstance other than the club, but you can't dispute the fact that they make hip-hop music. Once you start prattling about "real hip-hop" don't expect anybody who's actually a head to take you seriously.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IT has skills, but somehow he still bores the living piss out of me.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the thing.

It wasn't just a suggestion. It wasn't "this CD is dope". It was "finally a CD that I as a white person feel safe listening to".

There were judgements implied about other music that A- are retarded B- tell me the listener has a fractured understanding of what really defines hip-hop music C- tells me that the poster probably started listening to hip-hop in the last 8 years. The poster started this with his choice of subject headings, we just called him out.

I think Ja-Rule and Nelly are both horrible in any circumstance other than the club, but you can't dispute the fact that they make hip-hop music. Once you start prattling about "real hip-hop" don't expect anybody who's actually a head to take you seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

while i don't necessarily agree with all the underlying assumptions here, i will agree that your problem lies in making a thread called "finally some real hip hop," and then discussing ant and slug. i'm not saying those guys aren't hip hop, because they are and they make some good music, but you went overboard with the subject line and got called out on it.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this.

"Real hip-hop" has been made continuously for almost thirty years.

To the OP, thanks for the suggestion. I'm not much of a fan of most Atmosphere stuff myself, but whatever.