Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2005, 03:55 PM

Default Re: Banned From True Poker

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I telephoned lived support and he assured me that he would brings my concerns to management in the AM..

I guess we will wait to see what management has to say!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Please let us know how this turns out...

They also should be providing you some compensation for the value of your first and second position in the tourney.

-Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

I will let you all know what the outcome is!
Old 07-18-2005, 01:47 PM

It turns out that David(TrueCEO) is travelling and we should hear from him soon.

I will post once I know!
Old 07-18-2005, 01:57 PM

It sounds like you might have left information out of your original post. You said:

[ QUOTE ]
To be perfectly honest, it wasnt or isnt our intention to collude

[/ QUOTE ]
but you haven't expressly denied that you actually did collude, perhaps opportunistically.

When you and your wife play the same tournament, are you in the same room? Do you share your hole cards and discuss the hands while you play them? Can you glance at the other's monitor to see their hole cards? This would pose a real problem when the two of you are playing a MTT and by chance are placed at the same table.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As a player on your site I wouldn't feel comfortable that you were on the honor system.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I find out I was sitting at the same table as two people in the same room - I would feel cheated. Mabye I was - Mabye I wasn't......Honor System = worthless.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It sounds like you might have left information out of your original post. You said:

[ QUOTE ]
To be perfectly honest, it wasnt or isnt our intention to collude

[/ QUOTE ]
but you haven't expressly denied that you actually did collude, perhaps opportunistically.

When you and your wife play the same tournament, are you in the same room? Do you share your hole cards and discuss the hands while you play them? Can you glance at the other's monitor to see their hole cards? This would pose a real problem when the two of you are playing a MTT and by chance are placed at the same table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that of course this would cause a problem because we know each others whole cards...

But lets look at the defintion for Colluding,
From www.websters.com
"To act together secretly to achieve a fraudulent, illegal, or deceitful purpose; conspire."
"To agree or cooperate secretly for a fraudulent or otherwise illegal purpose "

Nothing that we did was secretly as we were never concerned that it was a problem.

Beffore answering your questions Ill give you an example of how we could have colluded,

2-3 hands prior to the host kicking us the following happened,

I was at the cuttoff with A/Jo I limp and the button folds as does the Small Blind. The Big Blind happens to be my wife holding K/Ts. We check the hand down and neither one of us hit the board. I took down the hand with A high.

Now before this hand I was chip leader with about 8k and wife was 2nd in chips with 5 or 6k (i need to emphasize that these are the positions we held in the tourney prior to me getting moved to her table) If we were looking to "Collude" I could have simply have her bet and i fold(or call) to give her a better chip position on other players.

That in my opinion would have been colluding...

Now in order to answer you questions;

We sit side by side and yes wee can see each others monitors.

Do we discuss hands? I mean we talk about the hands we play but we arent playing hands together, and like 95% of the time we are never at the same table...Look at the tourney the night before...we both played, I busted out failry early never seeing the same table as her an she went on to win. I can remember a tourney where we ended up on the same table about a year ago when I was short stack at the table and I pushed preflop in early position with small pp and she was late position with A/Ko(i think) and I told her to play her game....She called and took me out...she could have folded and gave me blinds in that situation.

I also can see that this would cause a problem in MTT tourneys and if they change their policies to say that we are not allowed to play in them nothing will change for us. We understand that, this is why we asked first!!
Old 07-18-2005, 02:42 PM

How would you and she have played the AJ vs KT hand if you didn't see each others cards?

You can't be looking at other players hole cards and feel you are playing a fair game.

Have you ever not played a hand you normally would because you could see she has you beat? C'mon would you raise JJ if folded to you in late position if you are staring at her monitor showing AA in BB?
Old 07-18-2005, 02:49 PM

Most sites will not allow two players to play in the same game or same tourn. from the same IP address.

However, this is absurd this happened to you since you obtained permission in advance. I would take my business elsewhere.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We sit side by side and yes wee can see each others monitors.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't see that this is collusion, then I would not trust your judgement.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:02 PM

Please dont be mistaken, we do undderstand how we could have an advantage in a MTT tourney if we end up at the same table. I will never argue that.

But since we were told it was ok and so were others, we cannot be blamed for being moved to the same table. Can we?
Old 07-18-2005, 03:04 PM

Actually, most sites do allow players from the same household to play MTT together, since PP is one of the other sites we play at, we called yesterday and asked. We sent them an email and requested in in writing to keep for our records.