Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2003, 09:49 PM

Default is flop percentage imporantant?

obviously the number isn't important but i think it really shows what type of hands your willing to play.

my flop % on any given day is between 20-24%. Is this too tight? I play 1/2 btw.

the thing is... sometimes i feel i play too loosely LOL, i play hands like QJo and J9s/T8s anywhere unless raised.
Old 07-06-2003, 06:25 PM

Default Re: is flop percentage imporantant?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
obviously the number isn't important but i think it really shows what type of hands your willing to play.

[/ QUOTE ] This is exactly why it's important although the greater the sample size the more significance you should attach to it.By this I mean that over time you will be dealt the expected percentage of premium hands like AA &amp; KK which you play from anywhere but also the expected percentage of maybe playable hands like 10-9s which you should only be playing in late position for no raise.The higher your flops seen percentage over time,the more of these hands you are playing incorrectly.
my flop % on any given day is between 20-24%. Is this too tight? I play 1/2 btw.

[/ QUOTE ] On any given day no,it is not too high.For 1-2 overall,I'd wager you are usually one of the tighter players at the table.I primarily play 2-4 and mine is almost always in the 17-23% range.Any lower and it's usually a bad session,any higher and it could be a very good or a very bad session.
the thing is... sometimes i feel i play too loosely LOL, i play hands like QJo and J9s/T8s anywhere unless raised

[/ QUOTE ] This is too loose.Even for 1-2.