Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2003, 10:19 PM

Default Re: Welcome to the 2003 World Records Of Poker

Wow! Now that is a story. I am both amazed and sick to my stomach from reading it. Amazing.
Old 07-05-2003, 11:42 AM

Well why not bitch a little [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I started playing 20/40 stud/8 last fall to put another game in my arsenal (besides they play it at the Bike where I work). My first session I'm rolled up three times and lose all three hands (didn't slowplay once). Next session or two no roll ups. Next session rolled up twice and lose twice (this is when I first start getting a bad feeling about being rolled up). The streak continues (now I'm counting - yeah I know I shouldn't but I'm human) until I lose 11 straight hands starting rolled up. I never slowplayed except once when it was the obvious correct play.

Finally I win one rolled up but it is a chop head up making me a net profit of about three antes. Now I lose four more straight hands when I start rolled up. Next time I'm rolled up I open raise and win the antes. Finally after going 1 steal, 1 chop and fifteen loses I scoop a half decent pot rolled up.

I think the poker diety wants me to stick to holdem.

~ rick
Old 07-05-2003, 03:51 PM

2nd worst call I've ever seen:

In 1-5 7 card stud on 6th street,

Player 1: (x,x)Ks,Kc,Kd,Kh
Player 2: (x,x)rag,rag,rag,rag (No Ace, no straight flush possibility)

Player 1 bets $5. Player 2 called.

Worst call I've seen:

Player 2 called a $5 river bet. Player 1's quad Kings were good.
Old 07-06-2003, 05:27 PM

Hi,

just a little story that fits the topic more or less.

First time I took my best friend to a public cardroom to play limit holdem (although he has been playing NLHE at home for some time):

Game is 6 handed, two limpers (one from the button), my buddy folds his SB and I check with JsTs in the big blind. Flop comes AsKsAh. I like it, but I check. Both limpers check.
Turn is a beautiful Qs, giving me my first Royal Flush, but in a hand where no one seems to have hit anything! I check, hoping to get at least someone to bluff, but afraid I won´t make any money here. First limper bets! THere is a PokerGod! And he must love me, because the button raises!! I threebet it, limper calls, button caps it and I feel like I am in a movie now! River is capped again.

I win of course.

But the button is sort of pissed, cause his flopped quad As lose and there is no bad beat jackpot. Only a high hand JP, 150 for the As and 500 bucks for a Royal in Spades!

Still, I should have sat down in a $400-800 game, not a lousy $4-8!

After the excitement dies down, I tell my friend not to worry, usually top pair top kicker is good!

Hehehehe.

Greets, Erd.