Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2003, 06:23 PM

Default WHAT??

Dude I was sticking up for you. That [censored] tilt boy was putting you down. Geez.
Old 07-05-2003, 06:49 PM

Default Re: WHAT??

no I dont see it that way. anyway we are way of the subject. but you do tent to write some really annoying replys. (can someone lend me 50$ on pokerstars exa.) & etc
Old 07-05-2003, 07:20 PM

Default Pie? I love pie... Who has the Pie?

:-)
Old 07-05-2003, 08:13 PM

Default Hilarious.....n/m

Old 07-05-2003, 08:22 PM

Default Re: WHAT??

HE asked the questions without providing his own answers. I was just asking him to provide all the information he was asking of the rest of us.

Now, as to why I'm defending myself against the biggest moron on the forum, that is anybody's guess.
Old 07-05-2003, 10:53 PM

Default Re: montly income on poker

My friend wins 62.5% of his tournies. That was an average I gave. I month he cleared a little under $5k and his worst was up $200. It is not steady but it is positive. Maybe it is just one of those lucky streaks. [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2003, 01:21 AM

I think your bluffing in you're answers..
"my game is 2-4, 4-8"
"2nd I make about 1000-2000$ a month playing"
"I play between 1-4 hours a day 6 days a week"
"first I only work 20 hours a week, in a kindergarden, so poker is an important income resource."

Based on you're stated monthly winnings we will be generous
and give you an avg. of $1500

Based on you're stated hours, we will assume an avg. of 3hrs
or 18hrs for the week

18 x 26 weeks = 468 hrs
$1500 x 6 = $9000

$9000/468 = $19.23 per hr.

If you play exclusively $4-8 that is: 2.4 BB per hr, and that would be normal or OK.

But you said you also played 2-4. If you exclusively played 2-4 that is: 4.8 BB per hour. Possible but doubtful.

Either game is highly profitable according to your stats that you offer.
But the part where you say "poker is an important income resource", leads one to believe that you really need poker money.

Therefore, if you badly need poker winnings, and you are so profitable at playing these games, you wouldn't limit yourself to 3 hours a day, but would double or increase the playing hours, thus increasing your daily revenue.

When mentioning games you skipped $3-6, which means nothing in itself, but seems odd. Why, because when I move up from 1-2 to 2-4, I find the same players that played the 1-2 successfully are now playing 2-4. The same as I advance from 2-4 the next level is 3-6 and guess what there are the same successful players from the 2-4 now playing more 3-6. Thus, it is very odd you skip 3-6 and jump into 4-8.

So why did you make this post?
I think you are trying to find out if anyone is really making a decent amount of money playing mainly $2-4. You obviously omitted in your initial post any personal stats, and had to create them when challenged.

So why am I taking the time to examine your bluff?
If you would simply ask honestly, instead of being a fraud that everyone can see through, you might have received some honest replies from those that really do make money.

Yes, some of us really make money playing 2-4, 3-6, 4-8. Enough to pay the bills.
Old 07-06-2003, 06:26 AM

ty very much for your serius reply. your right I left out 3-6 by mistake, the dont offer 3-6 where ive been playing most lately. And I have also slowly started trying out 5-10. To be truely honest Itīs 2000 a month (+ - a few hundred), and assuming playing 3 hours a day would be the closest to count with. Some days 1 houer is enough to make about 100/300 , and then I stop. Some days It take more hours. I rarely loose, but of course it happens. but ill say only a few days out of a month. WHY DID I MAKE THE POST. I was curios to find out how good I am, compared to other semi-pro players. I think that my playing has been really good and steady for the last 6 months. And wanted to see how much others make. And your are right, I should have giving much more information from the start, I see that now.
Maybr easier explained am I a normal player, a good player, or an exellent player! I hope Iīve answered all of your questions please write again ty
Old 07-06-2003, 11:51 AM

I avg 3-4 hours a day mostly on the 25-50 games on pokerroom and sometimes 10-20. I play only shorthanded and am very selective about what games I choose to play at. The other good thing is that I am well known on the website and the better players try to avoid me simply because I am too solid in their eyes.
I would say I make somewhere around 10k a month. The thing is that I have only started playing above 5-10 in march so one could argue that I could just be on a winning streak. My last two weeks have made me up 15k. I got lucky as I got two avg players to play heads up 25-50 with me. I don't really keep track of big bets/hr but if I had to guess it would be 4-6.
Old 07-06-2003, 02:01 PM

"Some days 1 hour is enough to make about 100/300 , and then I stop."

If you play poker for money, you get paid by the hour (assuming you are a winning player). Quitting a good game after an hr because you are up some predetermined sum makes no sense and is kinda silly imo and goes against the mathmatics of making money at poker (see gambling theory and other topics for more on this.)

Jeff