Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2005, 05:10 AM

Default Finding juicy tables...

I'm trying to develop a statistical norm that I should look for in deciding if a table is juicy or not. Does 35%+ VPIP sound reasonable? What sort of preflop and postflop aggression stats would a table have to have to qualify as loose/passive?
Old 07-17-2005, 05:25 AM

Default Re: Finding juicy tables...

Finding a good table to play at is like finding a good bar to get drunk at. Any of them will do the trick really. They are all really profitable...if you can beat one, you can beat um all. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2005, 05:58 AM

I enjoy playing tight tables (as long as the only loose guy isn't sitting to my left) just as much as loose ones, and seem to be able to beat both (at 1/2 anyway). I do prefer passive games overall, especially preflop, unless they're maniacs then you can play your mediocre [censored]. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2005, 07:00 AM

"[censored] table selection. I want to be able to beat any type of game."

-Peter_rus
Old 07-17-2005, 09:23 AM

On party poker i just look at the $-holding the different opponents have at the table. If a 1/2 board contains a lot of people with like 10-40 then itīs often an indication of below below average.

But hey i also like to be able to beat any kind of boards so i just take a random 1/2.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:10 AM

35 VPIP is wonderful. I usually stay at any table with a VPIP > 30 or if it is really passive. If a table gets to be around 25/10 or so, I leave.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:41 AM

For a while, I just got in line for the tables with the biggest pots, but then you learn those tables fill up with rocks very quickly - sooner than I sat down. Then I started taking the tables with the largest pots that had an empty seat. I'd still only get a few orbits before the bonus whores took over. Then, I started sitting at tables with only 4-6 people. The people there don't understand shorthanded play, and then the table fills with random party donks looking for action. It was much better. Better still, though, was when I took Grunch's advice to just sit at an empty table and wait for the fish to come to you. I thought people would be leery about sitting w/ just one other player at the table, but I was wrong. You get a few HU hands w/ someone who won't know HU play, then you get 3-4 handed play w/ people who don't understand SH play, then you get full ring play w/ people who don't get full ring play. Eventually, you become one of the tables that the rocks are getting in line for, but you've already made some sweet bank by then.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Better still, though, was when I took Grunch's advice to just sit at an empty table and wait for the fish to come to you. I thought people would be leery about sitting w/ just one other player at the table, but I was wrong. You get a few HU hands w/ someone who won't know HU play, then you get 3-4 handed play w/ people who don't understand SH play, then you get full ring play w/ people who don't get full ring play. Eventually, you become one of the tables that the rocks are getting in line for, but you've already made some sweet bank by then.

[/ QUOTE ]

This works extra well at UB where you get double bonus points.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For a while, I just got in line for the tables with the biggest pots, but then you learn those tables fill up with rocks very quickly - sooner than I sat down. Then I started taking the tables with the largest pots that had an empty seat. I'd still only get a few orbits before the bonus whores took over. Then, I started sitting at tables with only 4-6 people. The people there don't understand shorthanded play, and then the table fills with random party donks looking for action. It was much better. Better still, though, was when I took Grunch's advice to just sit at an empty table and wait for the fish to come to you. I thought people would be leery about sitting w/ just one other player at the table, but I was wrong. You get a few HU hands w/ someone who won't know HU play, then you get 3-4 handed play w/ people who don't understand SH play, then you get full ring play w/ people who don't get full ring play. Eventually, you become one of the tables that the rocks are getting in line for, but you've already made some sweet bank by then.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have heard of this method before. Only problem is I don't trust my HU and SH skills mutch. I do OK at full ring. I pick random tables at .5/1 and 1/2 and they all seem to be beatable. (if I could stop cold calling so much.)

-D