Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2005, 07:58 AM

Default Re: 3/8 ppls at table flame me. I contend this was a brilliant push.

What buyin is this ?
The main problem with this play is not someone limping with AA, it is someone with low or medium pair and decides it's time to gamble with it when you move all in. This will happen quite often, atleast in my experience, especially with 3 limpers. If you're lucky then it's a race otherwise... I could also se AJ AT KQ KJs QJs calling here.
On the other hand, 225 is pretty much compared with your chipstack.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:18 AM

OK, it was a 109. I really hope that that counterfeits what you said, otherwise, well, um, you know. I get flamey. And im always happy to get responses to my posts, so...

[ QUOTE ]
The main problem with this play [...]is someone with low or medium pair and decides it's time to gamble with it when you move all in.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, if they "just wanted to race", would they have limped? Maybe if they were UTG, but certainly the 2nd two limpers arent in a "just want to race and gamboool" mindset.

[ QUOTE ]
I could also se AJ AT KQ KJs QJs calling here.

[/ QUOTE ]
I cant. AK and >JJ are the only hand i can see limp/calling. I am willing to be corrected, however, i admit i dont play this level often.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:19 PM

I 8-table 30+3 so my experience might not be relevant for the 100+9 but I think people call for several reasons in this spot. Gamble is one or they get upset and want to punish the pusher, curiosity is another. However 87s is a good hand to have if they actually call.