Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: WOOT?
WOOT! 4 100.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-17-2005, 01:21 AM

Default Re: NLHE vs LHE

[ QUOTE ]
Limit.
No-limit if you don't care about making money in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong.

Gus Hansen, Moneymaker, ESPN, and the WPT have done wonders for NL
Old 07-17-2005, 02:41 AM

i play limit hold'em because mr. negreanu(the greatest poker player on earth) says ""in my opinion, there is no game that requires more feel and practice than limit hold'em", this means that:

Limit > NL

so to all you amatuers plaing NL, its time to step out the kiddie pool.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i play limit hold'em because mr. negreanu(the greatest poker player on earth) says ""in my opinion, there is no game that requires more feel and practice than limit hold'em", this means that:

Limit > NL

so to all you amatuers plaing NL, its time to step out the kiddie pool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone tell me this guy is kidding. Negranu can say what he wants but most other pro's (and believe me Negranu is NOT the greatest player in the world. Barry Greenstein could take him any day and that's a fact) consider NL hold-em to be the tougher of the two games.
Old 07-17-2005, 03:22 AM

Limit is really weak in my opinion. Bluffing is next to impossible in limit. How many people do you think are going to fold to your amazing bet of "double the BB", oooo so scary. People will call and the more people that see the flop, the less of a chance your hand stands of being a winning hand. It's just that simple.

In NL, you can cut down the amount of people who see the flop to just 1 each turn depending on how you bet. You can even steal blinds. And if you have a good read on your opponent and you know they're running on nothing, you can raise, check-raise or re-raise them to force a fold (even if you're holding rags).

No-limit has way more to do with reading your opponents, whereas NL has more to do with getting the best hand every time.
Old 07-17-2005, 03:31 AM

I pretty much agree with most of what has been said. Limit is definitely easier money (especially for beginners) in low limit ring games but No-Limit requires a significantly larger skill level to dominate.
Old 07-17-2005, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Limit is really weak in my opinion. Bluffing is next to impossible in limit. How many people do you think are going to fold to your amazing bet of "double the BB", oooo so scary. People will call and the more people that see the flop, the less of a chance your hand stands of being a winning hand. It's just that simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being results oriented = -EV.
Old 07-17-2005, 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wouldn't it have just been easier to say, "i don't understand the nuance of limit, so i play NL cuz i can go all-in like they do on TV"?

anyone who says you can't bluff in limit lacks a fundamental understanding of people, poker, or some combination thereof.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:30 AM

you are correct,you can bluff in limit but i takes a degree of skill to set up the bluff rather than just throwing lots of chips at the pot.