Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2005, 12:14 AM

Default Re: Flop quiz for you newer guys

Your hand is very vunerable here, and you need to try and protect it. By betting out, you are most likely trapping the callers between you and the pf raiser, which is just the opposite of what you want. By c/r a likely bet from CO, the pf raiser, you face the rest of the feild with 2 cold, thus encouraging either folds or incorrect calls.

-Jaran
Old 07-16-2005, 01:41 AM

Check with the intention of raising if the CO or someone else in late position bets. You're mainly trying to cut the odds for a gutshot draw, which is pretty easy for someone to have on this kind of board.
Old 07-16-2005, 01:56 AM

Only if someone has a set, or AQ, can taking a card off for one bet possibly be wrong according to the pot odds here. Folding in a real game situation (meaning you haven't seen anyone's cards) is crazy talk. Your hand is worth 5-6 outs easily, more than enough for a pot over ten bets.
Old 07-16-2005, 03:42 AM

Just wanted to say thanks, Greg J, and to everyone else who made this thread. Useful stuff.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:19 AM

Alright,I know im dredging up an old thread, but I have a question about this hand. After reading through the post I didnt see much information about how to proceed from the turn on. I recognized the hand as very similar to the SSHE hand at the intro to postflop play, with the same backdoor flush draw etc. However, Ive been having trouble understanding what to do here after check raising.

Mainly, I have 2 scenario questions.

1) The ideal scenario, the limpers fold to your check raise and cutoff calls. I guess at this point because he didnt reraise we assume he doesnt have a Q?
Now my question is, say a blank falls on the turn. we havent improved. Do we bet out? What happens if Cutoff reraises? dump the hand at this point?

Scenario 2: I guess this one is a clearer answer, and I think I saw a few people comment on it in the thread. We check raise, limpers fold, and cut off 3 bets it. For one more bet I suppose we have to call this to the turn. Its a clear check fold situation unimproved at this point correct?

One final question. Suppose there was no club on the flop, so the backdoor flush draw is missing. is it still a clear checkraise?
Old 07-31-2005, 10:26 PM

I would check this flop planning to check-raise the co if he bets to protect my hand and force the limpers to call 2 bets cold (hopefully making a mistake in the process). That's fine if the bet comes from the co. My problem here is what to do if the bet comes from one of the limpers. They are "weak and passive post-flop" so what could they be betting into a pre-flop raiser with that my mptk hand is beating? If bet comes from 3rd limper and co folds i proceed with planned cr, he could be betting with a similiar hand to ours or he could be betting some sort of draw...67s maybe trying to get free card on the turn, but that seems odd as they are weak passive so what are we beating or in good shape against with if the bet comes from here. If co re-raises then surely that narrows his hand down to a strong queen or over pair, then i fold. If bet comes from limper and co just calls, then i re-evaluate. This is where i where i would like to hear other opinions. I havn't read any replies to this post (trying to Grunch).
Old 07-31-2005, 10:31 PM

Check the flop, if it checks to the preflop raiser and he bets, I raise to isolate. If he threebets me I calldown unless my hand improves.

If the passive players bet, I probably fold. If they cold call my raise, I will calldown probably, if CO takes a free card I bet the turn or the river.