Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 08:52 AM

Default Re: I\'ll add another log to the fire, then pour gasoline on said fire...

[ QUOTE ]
He looks like Louisiana's version of Walter from The Big Lebowski, though not nearly as fun. Imagine John Goodman wearing a circa-1980's Richard Marx haircut and you're there. He plays, to put it mildly, some of the worst poker I've ever seen

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never read a more right on description of the players that I make all my money from playing poker. Sometimes I love this state.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:47 AM

Default Re: Most irritating things you\'ve experienced in a game...

I cannot stand the people who constantly whisper to me what they had after they have folded to a pre-flop bet and a raise. The flop will come 923 and they'll tell me that they had 93 and should have called. Shut the [censored] up.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I cannot stand the people who constantly whisper to me what they had after they have folded to a pre-flop bet and a raise. The flop will come 923 and they'll tell me that they had 93 and should have called. Shut the [censored] up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha. When playing in Blackhawk, CO this is pretty much standard operating procedure for people. This is usually followed up by me subtly suggesting that maybe they should start playing those hands since "the low cards are really hitting tonight."

Oh, I got another one. So I was playing (once again in Blackhawk) a few days ago. There was smoke that kept blowing in my face even though no one at the table smoked. So I turned around to find that a guy at the table over was using my little beverage cart thingie for his ashtray, even though he had a cart for himself. I then proceeded to put out and grind down each cigarette that was put in the ashtray on my cart. This proceeded for about ten cigarettes, after which time the guy finally took the hint and put the ashtray on his own damn cart.

Swede
Old 07-15-2005, 10:58 AM

Absolutely no question:

Horrible poker-playing, greasy old men (who likely do not have spouses) sexually harassing the cocktail waitresses.

Makes me absolutely sick. Particularly when it involves touching. I've even heard waitresses talking about how they wished some of the more polite younger guys would claim them as their girlfriends just to keep the greasy dudes for laying their meaty paws on them.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:10 AM

I get seated next to this older guy, maybe late 50's early 60's. He's wearing a sweat-stained wife beater and his hair is oiled up and slicked back like Bowser from Sha-Na-Na.

I watch him play every hand, many times calling 2 or more bets cold, while I fold borderline-religiously. He rebuys at least twice and I'm about 15BB up.

He wasn't unfriendly, but wasn't talking much; not annoying at all....until: The jackass turns to me and in a condescending 'I'm-older-and-better-than-you-and-more-experienced-playing-poker-so-you-should-listen-to-me' tone of voice says: "You need to see the flop with any 2 suited."

I probably would have been less annoyed if he had cut a nosehair burning fart and then smacked me in the nose with his dick!!!
Old 07-15-2005, 11:17 PM

OK, I'll have to add one here.

Imagine if you will, a total moron. He's a player, a poker player that is. But he thinks he's a PLAYA. He thinks that buying in for a rack of WHITE in a THREE-SIX game makes you a "roller." He watches the WPT every single week. He never misses ESPN either. Moneymaker is a GOD to this punk-ass.

Now imagine if you will, the unlit cigarette. Combine that with the god-awful unwashed ugly ass sweatshirt, in the middle of july, in las vegas (FYI it's like pushing 120 during the day out here right now). Don't forget the mirrored sunglasses, wouldn't want to forget THAT.

Further ride with me here folks... Imagine this boy CONSTANTLY talking "strategy" at the table. Oh, my pot odds this. Oh, the river that. Oh, my outs, my odds, the river, my ass.

Now imagine him playing Q7o for FOUR bets before the flop, in early position. Imagine a bet and a raise being cold called on an ace-rag-rag rainbow flop, no queen, no seven. Imagine the pot being pushed to him on the river.

I think I have made my point.

al
Old 07-15-2005, 11:23 PM

Default LMAO. So true (NT)

Old 07-16-2005, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He watches the WPT every single week. He never misses ESPN either. Moneymaker is a GOD to this punk-ass.

Now imagine if you will, the unlit cigarette. Combine that with the god-awful unwashed ugly ass sweatshirt[ QUOTE ]

easypete?
Old 07-16-2005, 12:54 AM

Watching the final table on cardplayer tonight, and donking it up at Party Poker's .50/1 tables. I've got one...

Last time I was in Vegas, I had some time to kill at the Palace Station before a meeting. Capone will confirm that this place is ROCK CENTRAL, which I figured out in about 2 seconds. 4-8 game, here is the action:

I get 10 10 on the button, its folded around to me and I raise. SB folds and BB (greasy old man) calls. Flop is something like KING 10 rag. No other overcards, no flush draw, no str8 draw. Old man checks, I bet, he calls. Turn is rag and again there are no other overcards, flushes, str8, etc. Check, bet, call. River is rag with NOTHING to possibly beat me EXCEPT if the old guy has KK. Check, bet, call. I table my 10 10 and he says REAL FCUKING LOUD and condesending, "You're cards are no good!", and turns over KK. The entire table nods in agreement and greasy old man goes on to berate me for the next 2-3 hands about how I OVERPLAYED my set and these other fcukers are noding their approval.

I never did point out to him that he basically had the STONE COLD NUTS ON EVERY STREET and lost money on the hand. But to this day, it still pisses me off thinking about that incident. Someday I would like to meet up with him and bitch-slap his ass.
Old 07-16-2005, 01:19 AM

Default Fantastic!!

I nominate Zulu to the ACJ hall of fame funny rants!!

al