Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 09:46 PM

Default Re: Matasow Eliminated

You're all missing the point. If they had been all-in preflop, it would have been a rough way for TT to lose to AJ, but we would have accepted it as a lost coin-flip. The point is that the action was post-flop, Dannenman made a stupid bluff, Matusow made an amazing read for his tournament life, and still went down. The fact that he outplayed his opponent and still lost is what makes this a bad beat, not the percentages.

[ QUOTE ]
Is it me, or do the announcers not really care about the action anymore now that Mike's out?

[/ QUOTE ]

what's left to care about. which internet suck out will win?

[ QUOTE ]
Is it me, or do the announcers not really care about the action anymore now that Mike's out?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-15-2005, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're all missing the point. If they had been all-in preflop, it would have been a rough way for TT to lose to AJ, but we would have accepted it as a lost coin-flip. The point is that the action was post-flop, Dannenman made a stupid bluff, Matusow made an amazing read for his tournament life, and still went down. The fact that he outplayed his opponent and still lost is what makes this a bad beat, not the percentages.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude don't try and school this group of poker sophisticates , they have all knowledge at their fingertips. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2005, 09:50 PM

Default Re: Details here..

I havn't talked with him yet. I tried to call his cell again but it was off. I shouldv'e tried this afternoon but forgot to call. I'll chat with him in a couple days when he gets back to Tunica. Send me a PM to remind me and when I find out I'll sent the details back to you.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:51 PM

Default Re: GAGNSTA BLUFF BY MATUSOW HOLY CRAP

[ QUOTE ]
"All the big game players at the Bellagio were hoping Mike would win"

"I feel like I just lost two million dollars"

"jokingly" (wink)

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that no well known pros remain is most certainly lamentable to the big money players as it is likely most of this huge final table payday will be leaving town.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:51 PM

Default ESPN.com poker montage

Go to the home page of ESPN.com. Very cool poker montage to this year's WSOP (click on Poker Faces on the home page).

Greg H.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:52 PM

up next... Jen Harman sings Christmas carols.

wow
Old 07-15-2005, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why was the read so amazing? It is almost an instant call with that board. If you would not call an all-in bet with TT when you DO NOT flop a set on that board then I can't imagine too many other boards when you would call an all-in bet.

It was a bad bluff and a bad beat but geez, the guy had a lot of outs. Most would not make that play BUT he did and it worked out. It's not like he caught a 2 or 3 outer.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:54 PM

Phil and Jen sound like a bad SNL skit.
Good times.