Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 08:37 PM

Default QQ huge pot

No reads, 3rd hand at the table. I had QQ and Re-raised in mp and then all hell broke loose. At what point to you chuck the queens and live another day. Raggedy flop and no Str* or flush draw. Should have seen it coming, but sometimes your the dog, and sometimes your the firehydrant.
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (25 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (23 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (31 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 47 BB
Old 07-15-2005, 08:44 PM

Default Re: QQ huge pot

Dump it on the river. You're drawing until then. You don't want to get caught in a raising war with a likely second best hand. Reads might help on the turn because it could likely be capped again, and the pot's not going to get to 100 bucks. Turn call is fine, I'd usually think. If it's two bets back to you, fold.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:47 PM

Looks like to me your definatly loseing this hand...but for that size of pot with an over pair I probably couldn't let this one go. I'm guessing we have trip J's and a pair of A's on the river, maybe a set or two pair in there too. In the end I probably play this the same way tho, if I lay it down and mistakenly lose a 47bb pot I would definatly tilt. Might be a leak for me, following down when I am probably a big underdog considering the betting.

Actualy I don't see what you could possibly be beating that bets like this. It should almost definatly be let go on the river. I still probably couldnt do it tho. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2005, 08:51 PM

Grunch.

Reads are really important on this table. I'd think that one or two of them maybe maniacs and other players are trying to isolate. When it comes back capped to you, I'd be pretty concerned that my overpair was no good, but you have odds to about call for your two outer.

When SB comes out firing again on the turn, you have to realize your going to get squeezed and drop it there (even though you are getting proper odds on his initial bet.) Well I would anyways.

If you had AA, then this gets harder, and I'm probably in it for the long haul.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:01 PM

Definitely a hard hand to get away from. When the SB check-caps on the flop, I'd throw up in my own mouth.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dump it on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way I would fold here.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:28 PM

Since you say "No reads" I assume that nobody was going nuts in your first two hands at the table.

It hurts, but I think you can fold for two bets on the river. MP3 has never slowed down anywhere in this hand, so he probably has AA-KK. I don't like SB's check-cap on the flop and check-raise on the river. Maybe he has JJ?

And what hand is button donking around with? Cold-call a cap preflop, cold-calls three on the flop, cold-calls again on the turn, and call-call two-call on the river. JTs? That's the only reasonable hand I can imagine. Of course, there are lots of unreasonable hands to imagine, which is probably closer to the truth. Either way, I don't see any reason to keep him off your buddy list.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:17 PM

I think it's very possible that one of them hit a gut shot straight on the turn. 56s or A5s. I've seen people call two raises cold with any A-rag, so it wouldn't surprise me. From the looks of it, I'd think it was the SB that hit it.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:08 AM

Not folding on the river when its two bets to you is a leak. I dont care how big the pot is.
Old 07-16-2005, 06:35 AM

You can fold the river and save four big bets, the two you have to call and the two you can assume are coming after you call because now TT and JJ beat you and AA and KK had you all the way. Your not good 1 time in 11 here so a fold is OK.

That being said, go ahead and call anyway, you never know and the pot is huge.