Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Brad Kondracki

Second year law student at Penn.

Brad Kondracki Article from Philadelphia Inquirer

He's also a Cornell grad.

Use Bugmenot for site registration if it prompts you.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Would you take Matusow at 8-3?

Earlier today, a friend argued that Matusow's chances were "twice as good as ICM indicated". So, Matusow has 13.1% of the total stack in play right now, and I promptly offered my friend 8-3 on Matusow winning, which he took even more promptly.

Who do you think got the better of this? Or, is it roughly equal?

-IdiotVig
Old 07-15-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Re: WSOP Final Table: \"Official\" News, Results, and Discussion

I think it'll come down to Black and Barch even though my sentimental favorite is Matusow. Black seems to playing really well and pretty aggressive. Barch has been solid so far also.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:56 PM

In the inky article about Brad K., it said he became a millionare by reaching the final table. Yeah...hes a millionare if he doesnt pay taxes. I may or may not be correct here, but don't the big winners all have to pay 37% or something crazy like that? That is some major juice.

I know they are still getting $650,000 or so, but doesnt that turn the buyin into a 6,300+3,700?
Old 07-15-2005, 04:59 PM

No, because they might not pay US taxes. Also, I don't have the tax tables in front of me but once you start making over like 200k a year or so you end up paying really high taxes anyways so does that mean your job is 120k+80k (Or whatever it actually is)?
Old 07-15-2005, 05:04 PM

For those amounts, they will pay 35% in Federal taxes, plus any State taxes due (I live in California, and it's another 9.3%).

Of course, buy-in fees and any other tournament or side-game losses are deductible up to the amount won.

-Aces
Old 07-15-2005, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Start time for final table- 4 pm PDT, 7 pm PDT

[ QUOTE ]
www.gutshot.com will have a "virtual" final table (using pokerchamps software) as well as have their own audio stream with what has been announced as Hansen, Luske, Juanda, Seidel and Barry Martin of Gutshot.

Kevin...

[/ QUOTE ]I jsut fired it up, and it looks good. Hopefully it will be [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2005, 05:13 PM

Taxes on poker winnings? Thats just crazy talk.

9.3% state tax??? Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus are you kidding me?
Old 07-15-2005, 05:14 PM

can someone post where all the final 9 players are from?
Old 07-15-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can someone post where all the final 9 players are from?

[/ QUOTE ]

SEAT ONE - Joseph Hachem (Melbourne, Australia) - $5,420,000

Joseph Hachem, age 39, is a professional poker player who was born in Lebanon and lives in Australia. He will occupy seat one. Hachem is married with four children. This is his first World Series of Poker. He has been playing poker for 10 years. Heading into today's action, his chip count stands at $5,420,000.

SEAT TWO - Andrew Black (Dublin, Ireland) - $8,140,000

Andrew Black, a 39-year-old charity worker born in Belfast, Northern Ireland and living in Dublin, Ireland, will occupy seat two. Known as "The Monk," Black, who is single, holds a law degree from Trinity College in Dublin. This is his fifth year in the World Series of Poker. He finished 14th in the World Series of Poker World Championship in 1997. Heading into today's play, his chip count stands at $8,140,000.

SEAT THREE - Tex Barch (McKinney, Texas) - $9,330,000

John Derick Barch, age 34, will occupy seat three. Better known as "Tex," Barch was born in Richardson, Tex. and now lives in McKinney, Tex. A former professional player, Barch is the owner of a beer garden. He is married with two children. Barch has a business degree from the University of Montana. He has been playing poker for 12 years, and this is his third year at the World Series of Poker. Heading into today's action, his chip count stands at $9,330,000.

SEAT FOUR - Daniel Bergsdorf (Umea, Sweden) - $5,270,000

Daniel Bergsdorf, a 27-year-old truck driver from Umea, Sweden, will occupy seat four. Bergsdorf, who is single, goes by the nickname "Berka." This is his first year at the World Series of Poker. Heading into today's play, his chip count stands at $5,270,000.

SEAT FIVE - Mike Matusow (Las Vegas, Nevada) - $7,410,000

Mike Matusow, a 37-year-old professional player born in Los Angeles and now living in Las Vegas, will occupy seat five. Matusow, who is single, is a former poker dealer. He has been playing in the World Series of Poker for 10+ years and has won two gold bracelets (1999 No Limit Hold'em; 2002 Omaha Hi/Lo). He has finished in the money at the World Series of Poker 18 times. Heading into today's action, his chip count stands at $7,410,000.

SEAT SIX - Aaron Kanter (Lodi, California) - $10,700,000

Aaron Kanter, a 27-year-old professional player from Elk Grove, Calif., will occupy seat six. Known as "AK," Kanter holds a bachelor's degree in liberal studies from Chico State. He is a former loan officer. Kanter was born in Lodi, Calif., and is engaged to be married. This is his first year at the World Series of Poker. Heading into today's action, he is the chip leader, with $10,700,000.

SEAT SEVEN - Brad Kondracki (Kingston, Pennsylvania) - $1,180,000

Brad Kondracki, a 24-year-old law student at the University of Pennsylvania, will occupy seat seven. Kondracki, who holds a bachelor's degree in computer science from Cornell University, was born and resides in Kingston, Pa. Kondracki is single. He has been playing poker for less than two years. This is his first World Series of Poker. Heading into today's action, his chip count stands at $1,180,000.

SEAT EIGHT - Steve Dannenmann (Severn, Maryland) - $5,460,000

Steven Dannenmann, age 38, is a CPA and mortgage banker from Severn, Md. He will occupy seat eight. Born in Brooklyn Park, Md., Dannenmann is married with one child. He holds a bachelor's degree from the University of Baltimore. This is his first World Series of Poker. Heading into today's play, his chip count stands at $5,460,000.

SEAT NINE - Scott Lazar (Studio City, California) - $3,370,000

"Scott Lazar, a 42-year-old production assistant for independent films, will occupy seat nine. He was born in Woodmere, NY, and lives in Studio City, Calif. Lazar, who is single and has two boys, is also a professional magician and goes by the nickname "Magic." This is his fourth World Series of Poker, where he has finished once in the money. Lazar has been playing poker for 18 years. Heading into today's play, his chip count stands at $3,370,000."