Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Moderating MHNL....

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree. they're annoying, but I think they are on topic and as such shouldn't moved moved/deleted/locked.

--turnipmonster

[/ QUOTE ]

I get what you're saying, BUT....If i wrote a 10-20 NLHE post in Chinese it would be on topic. Would that be okay?

I guess the point i'm trying to make is it's not that hard to make a post easily readable. If people want advice on a hand i don't think it's too much to require them to do so.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It was pretty much agreed upon in the first moderator thread that 2/4NL and lower should be posted in the small stakes unless the stacks are very deep (150BB+).

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I regularly play the 5/10 and 10/20 blind tables, I think that discussion of 2/4 hands is OK here. I say this because unless they are just taking a shot, a $400 buyin level is where you start to find very good players who are not just the typical weak-tight set farmers found at any level or the total fish found in greater numbers at the lower levels. This is a forum for high AND mid stakes, and lumping 2/4 games into the small stakes forum is a very arbitrary decision. Granted that the spread from 2/4 upto like 50/100 is very broad, but the greatest pool of players in this forum plays in 2/4 to 10/20.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Although I regularly play the 5/10 and 10/20 blind tables, I think that discussion of 2/4 hands is OK here. I say this because unless they are just taking a shot, a $400 buyin level is where you start to find very good players who are not just the typical weak-tight set farmers found at any level or the total fish found in greater numbers at the lower levels. This is a forum for high AND mid stakes, and lumping 2/4 games into the small stakes forum is a very arbitrary decision. Granted that the spread from 2/4 upto like 50/100 is very broad, but the greatest pool of players in this forum plays in 2/4 to 10/20.

[/ QUOTE ]

If i had to vote one way or the other, i would vote that 2-4 stays. It's not like we have too many posts to deal with. As BluffTHIS! says if we sit around here waiting for 50-100 threads we're going to be waiting a long time. If it's a crap or low level question we always have the option to ignore it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2005, 03:55 PM

and if you did ditch 2/4, what would be the rationale for keeping 3/6?

Bingo
Old 07-15-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Posts that are straight hand histories (no converter and no commentary) should be booted. I gave up reading those a long time ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. they're annoying, but I think they are on topic and as such shouldn't moved moved/deleted/locked.

--turnipmonster

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with turnipmonster. I am a sometime violator of this etiquette because all of the converters flake out on me for some reason.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:16 PM

If we always write the stakes in the title of the post, people who don't want to read certain stakes can just skip it.

Maybe something for the FAQ?
Old 07-15-2005, 04:24 PM

I vote to keep 2/4 because I still play there. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2005, 04:40 PM

I think there should be certain criteria to be met before making a post that isn't a converted hand history. The following should be must-haves:

Image suits instead of [Ah]
Appromixmate pot size on all streets
Stack sizes for both Hero and Villain
Game limits

I hate the ugly all text hand histories. They suck and I skip over them.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I vote to keep 2/4 because I still play there. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, i haven't been playing much, but I agree on the same premise...
Old 07-16-2005, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think there should be certain criteria to be met before making a post that isn't a converted hand history. The following should be must-haves:

Image suits instead of [Ah]
Appromixmate pot size on all streets
Stack sizes for both Hero and Villain
Game limits

I hate the ugly all text hand histories. They suck and I skip over them.

[/ QUOTE ]

really? maybe its just because I read them raw daddy all day but I like the unconverted hands just fine. All the information is there.