Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 03:31 PM

Default Re: Chip labels

What kind of label stock do you use? It seems that most ink jet ink will run if it gets wet. Is this an issue, or do you use a color laser printer?

Also, how long would you guess it took you do apply the the labels on 1000 chips, and how many of them did you get on crooked?

By the way, I appreciate the straight answer.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of label stock do you use? It seems that most ink jet ink will run if it gets wet. Is this an issue, or do you use a color laser printer?

[/ QUOTE ]
I used these labels (1" round labels) and my inkjet. Spray the labels with some clear coat (Krylon or something else, you can ask at the paint/craft store and they'll help) so they'll stay (relatively) dry and clean during use.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, how long would you guess it took you do apply the the labels on 1000 chips, and how many of them did you get on crooked?

[/ QUOTE ]
I did 1400 labels and it took me maybe three nights while having the NBA Finals on for some background noise. That's all the NBA is good for anyway. They come off pretty easily if you get them on crooked as long as you haven't pressed them on really hard. I got them all on straight (I'm a nit [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

Like someone mentioned, there are some people that print labels for you. I tried this, but one sounded really shady and wanted to send me a bill before I ever saw any artwork and the other one I contacted never got back to me. Oh well.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:15 PM

Okay, I'm sorry to be so dense...
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used these labels (1" round labels) and my inkjet. Spray the labels with some clear coat (Krylon or something else, you can ask at the paint/craft store and they'll help) so they'll stay (relatively) dry and clean during use.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you spray the sheets, or the finished chips?

By the way, thanks for the link to the label vendor.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:21 PM

i believe you have to spray the finished product
Old 07-17-2005, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i believe you have to spray the finished product

[/ QUOTE ]No way! You definitely want to spray the labels. This will leave your chips un-sprayed, and it will also be WAY easier.
-Sam
Old 07-17-2005, 11:32 PM

k don't listen to me!! i'm a n00b when it comes to chip labels, i haven't gone through the process, got confused because i remember reading something about spraying your labels, blah blah...anyway, wait to hear from someone that knows for sure
Old 07-18-2005, 02:11 AM

Feel free to be dense. That's how we learn! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I sprayed the sheets of labels before I applied them to the chips. Follow the directions on the can as to how long it needs to dry. Make sure to do it outside or in a well-ventilated area. I did, but still think I inhaled enough xylene to last me for a while.