Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 10:00 AM

Default Re: Taking a stab into a big field

Well, i think there are just to many opponents to do that. The pot is so small and a big bet is scary, but anyone with a 7 or a k wouldīnt fold and given 4 opponets one could easily hold that. Maybe a 7 would be folded though...

Itīs properbly not very -EV to bet out though.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:08 PM

I agree that you must bluff in weak tight games, I did it all the time when I used to play on Pokerstars, but in different situations. I bluff in many positions as long as the board looks like it missed everyone, except I did it on the flop. On the turn I try it in a hand with fewer people. If everyone missed the flop, no draw no pair, then your flop bet would work just as often as the turn bet. Weak tight players are not going to peel one off with just one overcard and there is no gutshot draws on this board. So why risk a big bet when a small bet can work just as often.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:27 PM

I hate situations like this, because my instinct is to bluff this everytime. I always think I can represent the 2 and get everyone to fold. My experience and pokertracker have informed me that I'm almost always wrong. For this bluff (not even a semi-bluff) to be right, ALL four people have to fold when you bet. Even if one person sticks around, you're in pretty bad shape, because you're only drawing to 3 outs, and might be drawing dead. Any K or 7 with reasonable kicker probably isn't folding even with the paired board, and there might be a slowplayed trips. That is, at least one person is going to call, making your bluff a bad idea.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In a weak tight game many of the pots are small. You need to be looking for opportunities to grab the money that nobody else seems to want. I posted this hand to demonstrate this kind of thinking. If you don't grab pots like this from time to time you will not win over the long haul in these games.

[/ QUOTE ]

So play at a site with loose-passives instead of weak-tight fish. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2005, 03:35 PM

I like the bet, but I will only do it like 30-40% of the time in a similiar situation. Turn bet like this could get people confused about your betting standard and get over-aggressive or over-passive towards you. I understand it is small-stake but if it is a weak tight table, it suggests that people are thinking or at least paying attention. On a loose party 0.5/1 table, I probably would pass on this one.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:35 PM

This is the best answer by far. Nice work Aaron.

also, nice play Droolie