Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 10:44 AM

Default AA on the button

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 folds, CO calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls.

would you put him on A9 here? i am obviously afraid that he was trying to steal and hit it.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

he came out firing again, so i am thinking he has JJ or at least a 9.

River: (10.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, Hero ???

i am debating a bet here, but is the danger of a 9 too great here? my read on the guy was very solid 27/9, trying to steal the blinds the only chance he had, and never checkraising, but this is based on under 20 hands.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:47 AM

Default Re: AA on the button

I'm more worried about JJ than A9. Still, that's the only hand that beats you. I'd put in one more raise on the turn and call down from there if 3-bet.

Given the way the hand played out, I'd bet the river and call a raise, but I'm an over-aggressive git [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2005, 10:51 AM

I would definitely bet the river. Good chance he was trying to steal. Also a good chance he will call your bet with a worse hand.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:48 AM

I think you have to bet the river here. Kind of a strange line by the CO. I sincerely doubt many players with JJ or a 9 would try to check-raise the river here. If he was going to check-raise you, I think he would have either done it on the turn, or check-called the turn and check-raised the river. His line just doesn't indicate that he is about to check-raise you.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I sincerely doubt many players with JJ or a 9 would try to check-raise the river here

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I would definitely bet the river. Good chance he was trying to steal. Also a good chance he will call your bet with a worse hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-15-2005, 04:10 PM

is it possible CO has AJ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and then had second thoughts after the capped flop and the turn call? or maybe he has 99 and is trying to suck out one last bet (believing you will fold if he leads) ?
Old 07-15-2005, 04:19 PM

CO could be playing AJ, A9, or QQ - KK this way too. It's possible he has a 9, but it's not likely. Neither is JJ. I'd fire again on the turn, he doesn't know you have AA. If he 3-bets then I punch the nearest kitten and call down.

Bet the river. Fold to a check-raise. If he check-raises you on the river, you are screwed and don't need to pay another BB to find that out.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:25 PM

i checked, and won the pot over AJo. *shrug* i can't believe he capped the flop
Old 07-15-2005, 04:39 PM

wow - i was figuring suited at least...
Old 07-15-2005, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i checked, and won the pot over AJo. *shrug* i can't believe he capped the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

You capped the flop. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I actually think his line for the flop and the turn are pretty good, although I don't know why he didn't bet the river given your passiveness on the turn.