Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 10:31 AM

Default Re: Do you like this push?

the points where you ask if pushing with a two-way straight draw and a flush draw is silly imo, you are a small favorite or a small dog against his likely hands, and its possible that he folds, where is the decision?
Old 07-15-2005, 11:32 AM

Default Result

[ QUOTE ]
you are a small favorite or a small dog against his likely hands, and its possible that he folds, where is the decision?

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, fair enough. That was my reasoning, but when the guy insta-called the friend that was sweating me told me he didn't like the push, so I thought I'd do a reality check. I know I'm about a 60-40 dog against a set, and if I knew I had almost no fold equity, it would be a much tougher decision.

In the actual hand, the villian had Tc6c [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Turn 3s, river 5c and MHIG. He went on a little tirade after the hand about my "horrible" play and how he hoped I'd stick around so he could get all my money (I did), and between that, and my friend not liking it, I was just making sure that I wasn't missing something.

I apologize that it was such an obvious question, but I'm still a recovering limit player.

As a side question, would you still push if you were 99% sure he wouldn't fold? Of course, if you knew he had 2-pair you would, but assuming he won't make this play with anything but 2-pair or a set, would you still push?
Old 07-15-2005, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bump. C'mon...nobody else has any comments? I've got a friend who says I should've just folded to the raise, but I think that's weak. Anybody take a different line?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are planning on folding to a raise, then dont lead out. I presume that your plan was to lead and push a raise - thus you got what you wanted.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:35 AM

Standard. Nice hand. Can't call, have to push.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:37 AM

He may fold an overpair, which is great. He may fold two pair, which is great. He may call with a hand against which you are a favorite. Even if he calls with a hand that you are a dog against, you aren't that much of a dog and are getting more than enough odds to make the play +EV. This move also gets you more action when you are the one holding top set.